Sign in to follow this  
rtyrie1

More on the G80

Update 10/05/2006: We originally reported the GeForce 8800GTX and 8800GTS are 9" in length. The reference design for the 8800GTX is actually a little less than 11 inches. The GTX has two 6-pin power adaptors, the GTS has only one.

SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

this will make a nice addition to my new system indeed..good thing i decided to get that 750watt thermaltake

crysis...bring it

Nice addition is right. Going to be like adding a room onto the back of your house. 11" is some kind of Vid. card/ and the power needed. HolyToledo.

like the first cell phones that were ever made,they looked like you could call mars :rofl2: i see video cards of the future a one inch in size and only uses 1.5 volts and it will slaughter two g80's :lol:

Edited by duanester

Nice addition is right. Going to be like adding a room onto the back of your house. 11" is some kind of Vid. card/ and the power needed. HolyToledo.

:thud::thud::thud:

No! HoleyPrescot! :surrender: Edited by Intratech

The worst part is, there will be parts that consume reasonable amounts of power, and cost far less, and people will still buy it.

I'm looking forward to R600. ATI has had an advantage over nVidia since 2002, and they'll continue to do so if they design their GPUs the way they do.

other manufacturers might not keep the reference design, someone will likely make it shorter or something

should also help keep my room nice n toasty this winter

Edited by cL1cKm3.exe

other manufacturers might not keep the reference design, someone will likely make it shorter or something

should also help keep my room nice n toasty this winter

Where they going to put the circuit and components without the real estate? :blink:

The worst part is, there will be parts that consume reasonable amounts of power, and cost far less, and people will still buy it.

I'm looking forward to R600. ATI has had an advantage over nVidia since 2002, and they'll continue to do so if they design their GPUs the way they do.

Nvidia destroyed ATI when they came out with the 6800 series. ;)

Destroys is a harsh word, but actually, now that I think about it, they did...

I'll rephrase it. ATI has been a threat to nVidia since 2002.

Edited by brandon

you btter believe it, in fact i still have my purdy 6800gt and its fully functional :)

my 6800GT died in 5 month, never alive again because i took the RMA number off, never can be found again. Then i switched to 9700NP which was previously owned by AdamMaxis then Timisu87, im the third hand owner, it still running great. i gotta say im with the dark side now lol

Adam is funny,

reminds me of ghetto shootout, shot 3 time still ain't dead yet lol i know it died

Edited by AMDX1325

I'm stupid though, I'm still running an nVidia GPU when I've had 4 high end nVidia GPUs die on me.

i modded the cooler and had a refridgerated case, i agree though, heat will destroy nvidia chips, i guess keeping track of what others do to there cards helped me above and beyond :lol: