Sign in to follow this  
invision

lets debate marijuana

there are many products on the market to date that shouldnt be, why add another

you dont see the non smokers saying to make it legal

imagine the impact, more population control as said by brandon, sure thats not even a concern, taxes on the product because there bad! but kids still manage to get there hands on them :thud: just imagine how this will screw things up even worse then they are now.

can we be responsible adults and for once just not think of our needs, no we cant because we all pass each other up day by day on the streets without saying hi!, we need to pull our heads out of our arses and greet each other, thats the first step :lol:

a small example at work, some work mates arent the best they can be for drug and alcohol related issues, there short fused tempers and on going negativity only increases the work load on those with more of a positive aspect on life, the ones that try cant succeed in these conditions, though the angry employees become affended when spoken to on there job functions ( unproductive ) ( not following safety procedures ) ( tardyness ) ( attitude ) when a work envirement experinces these things they need to hire more help and elliminate overtime and lower starting pay!

the stuff changes real good people, ive seen real good people with family booted in the b utt for these reasons, im sick of it because in the end the only ones left to suffer are our better halves :mrsgreen:

Ignorance is bliss... Saying it's not bad for you does not make it true, look at all the biased sources you want... Just because the effects don't show up right away doesn't mean they won't show up. Do whatever stupid things you want, but don't try to take others with you.

you dont see the non smokers saying to make it legal

I would consider myself a "non-smoker"...I have not smoked pot in years and years and years and years..HAHA! I think that pot being against the law is absolutely the stupidest most preposterous things we have to endure here in the wonderful USofA :hammer: There are so many bad things to worry about...why be bothered with something so silly(benign) as smoking pot?

Edited by andromeda

making it legal will cause matter to become worse, sure you can pick some up at a pharmacy but who's to say that dealers wont grow it anymore :lol: who's to say kids wont get there hands on it, who will actually benifit off of the stuff lols, the smokers, heck if it were legal children would be the number buyers because they see daddy doing it

lets not steer away from reality here, fiction isnt fact :)

andromeda forgive me i got carried away, but all do respect i see it happening exactly the way i posted it

making it legal will cause matter to become worse, sure you can pick some up at a pharmacy but who's to say that dealers wont grow it anymore who's to say kids wont get there hands on it, who will actually benifit off of the stuff lols, the smokers, heck if it were legal children would be the number buyers because they see daddy doing it

All you ever do is talk about smoking pot or getting high invision. Your life is weak and meaningless, wonder what is causing that? :rolleyes:

you have got to be eff'n kidding me even posting that. :blink:

This subject has been beat to death on here. Here's my take on it.

The day it becomes legal I will buy me a damned bale of it.

K thanks. have a nice day.

you have got to be eff'n kidding me even posting that. :blink:

This subject has been beat to death on here. Here's my take on it.

The day it becomes legal I will buy me a damned bale of it.

K thanks. have a nice day.

Nope not kidding at all, nothing even funny there. :shrug:

who the hell are you to tell him that? What happened to debate the subject?

You are correct in saying there is nothing FUNNY there at all. Or even respectful for that matter.

To each their own, its everyones life to live as they see fit and you can KRAM your opinion on other people.

The subject is about marijuana. How about lets keep it ON that topic and not how you don't approve of Invisions life or he isn't living it like YOU think he should.

did someone say BALE!!!!!!!!!? Where where!!!!!!!! :clap: I say it someone has found the answer to being happy...no matter if it's playing softball with the guys or if it's sitting around with your buds and smoking a doob maybe strummin' on the guitar...more power to ya!!!!!!!!

Edited by andromeda

who the hell are you to tell him that? What happened to debate the subject?

You are correct in saying there is nothing FUNNY there at all. Or even respectful for that matter.

To each their own, its everyones life to live as they see fit and you can KRAM your opinion on other people.

The subject is about marijuana. How about lets keep it ON that topic and not how you don't approve of Invisions life or he isn't living it like YOU think he should.

That is part of the debate and not an opinion, how sad one's life becomes from using it. Thay are consumed by it, all they think about and it runs their life.

Take that and KRAM it TL :P

Thay are consumed by it, all they think about and it runs their life.

You mean like people get with their computers...video games...football games...softball...music...their cars...their jobs...their pets...their guitars...their.....etc etc...

Edited by andromeda

That is part of the debate and not an opinion, how sad one's life becomes from using it. Thay are consumed by it, all they think about and it runs their life.

Take that and KRAM it TL :P

Mary Jane has ruined m many of my family members lives, so I can kinda agree with KRAM. I'm sure Invision's life is great, even with something as stupid as Mary Jane, but I can't vouch for my brother, or other family that use it.

It's decriminalized in new york state to have a personal amount of marijuana on you. I know plenty of people who have been pulled by a state trooper or local cop with a dime on them. Cop either takes it to smoke themselves or throws it in the woods or stomps it on the ground. The don't arrest you unless you have over 10g on you or it's packaged for sale.

My opinion on the matter is that like anything else there will always be people trying to sell it to make money who will and do sell to young kids.

I'm all for civil liberties so I say let each person do what they want. Its no more dangerous than alcohol and probobly less dangerous.

I definitely think it should be legal for those who have cancer and are terminal or have glaucoma, etc. Question is, if it is legalized how will this affect the next generation?

I'm for keeping the integrity of children and letting them have a childhood. I look back at my life and I realize this generation was exposed to 10x the things the baby boomers were. Life has gotten harder for the young ones, and I would be concerned what reprocussions this has.

Edited by The Dude

. Marijuana May Stave Off Alzheimer’s Disease

Good news for aging hippies: smoking pot may stave off Alzheimer's disease.

New research shows that the active ingredient in marijuana may prevent the progression of the disease by preserving levels of an important neurotransmitter that allows the brain to function.

Researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in California found that marijuana's active ingredient, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, can prevent the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from breaking down more effectively than commercially marketed drugs.

THC is also more effective at blocking clumps of protein that can inhibit memory and cognition in Alzheimer's patients, the researchers reported in the journal Molecular Pharmaceutics.

The researchers said their discovery could lead to more effective drug treatment for Alzheimer's, the leading cause of dementia among the elderly.

Those afflicted with Alzheimer's suffer from memory loss, impaired decision-making, and diminished language and movement skills. The ultimate cause of the disease is unknown, though it is believed to be hereditary.

Marijuana is used to relieve glaucoma and can help reduce side effects from cancer and AIDS treatment.

Possessing marijuana for recreational use is illegal in many parts of the world, including the United States, though some states allow possession for medical purposes. :cool:

Marijuana is used to relieve glaucoma and can help reduce side effects from cancer and AIDS treatment.

because it helps them mentally, when on that stuff dreadfull things arent serious anymore

New research shows that the active ingredient in marijuana may prevent the progression of the disease by preserving levels of an important neurotransmitter that allows the brain to function.

Researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in California found that marijuana's active ingredient, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, can prevent the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from breaking down more effectively than commercially marketed drugs.

THC is also more effective at blocking clumps of protein that can inhibit memory and cognition in Alzheimer's patients, the researchers reported in the journal Molecular Pharmaceutics.

The researchers said their discovery could lead to more effective drug treatment for Alzheimer's, the leading cause of dementia among the elderly.

Those afflicted with Alzheimer's suffer from memory loss, impaired decision-making, and diminished language and movement skills. The ultimate cause of the disease is unknown, though it is believed to be hereditary.

Possessing marijuana for recreational use is illegal in many parts of the world, including the United States, though some states allow possession for medical purposes. :cool:

Any links to back this up?

How about this?

Effects on the Brain

The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. Research findings for long-term marijuana abuse indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse of other major drugs. For example, cannabinoid (THC or synthetic forms of THC) withdrawal in chronically exposed animals leads to an increase in the activation of the stress-response system5 and changes in the activity of nerve cells containing dopamine6. Dopamine neurons are involved in the regulation of motivation and reward, and are directly or indirectly affected by all drugs of abuse.

Effects on the Heart

One study has indicated that an abuser's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana7. The researchers suggest that such an effect might occur from marijuana's effects on blood pressure and heart rate and reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of blood.

Effects on the Lungs

Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens9,11. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke12. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells13. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco.

Other Health Effects

Some of marijuana's adverse health effects may occur because THC impairs the immune system's ability to fight disease. In laboratory experiments that exposed animal and human cells to THC or other marijuana ingredients, the normal disease-preventing reactions of many of the key types of immune cells were inhibited14. In other studies, mice exposed to THC or related substances were more likely than unexposed mice to develop bacterial infections and tumors15,16.

Effects of Heavy Marijuana Use on Learning and Social Behavior

Research clearly demonstrates that marijuana has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. Depression17, anxiety17, and personality disturbances18 have been associated with chronic marijuana use. Because marijuana compromises the ability to learn and remember information, the more a person uses marijuana the more he or she is likely to fall behind in accumulating intellectual, job, or social skills. Moreover, research has shown that marijuana’s adverse impact on memory and learning can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off19,20,25.

Students who smoke marijuana get lower grades and are less likely to graduate from high school, compared with their nonsmoking peers....

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

making it legal will cause matter to become worse, sure you can pick some up at a pharmacy but who's to say that dealers wont grow it anymore :lol: who's to say kids wont get there hands on it, who will actually benifit off of the stuff lols, the smokers, heck if it were legal children would be the number buyers because they see daddy doing it

lets not steer away from reality here, fiction isnt fact :)

duanester, there's not a fact anywhere in this post. :lol:

Yeah...and dont forget that Lincoln's secretary was Kennedy, and Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln..:P

I've never seen any facts that it works to "stave off Alzheimer's disease"....if anything, short term memory loss is inevitable! (ask Dori)

We are 'discussing' or 'debating' marijuana. We are not discussing or debating a member's attitude or lifestyle in this thread. Please remember that and keep your opinions about the original poster to yourself.

If you continue to degrade or attack a member, your post will be deleted...do you get my message KRAM?

I've never seen any facts that it works to "stave off Alzheimer's disease"....if anything, short term memory loss is inevitable!

:huh: Well what were we yakkin about woman?? :lol: v