Sign in to follow this  
invision

lets debate marijuana

invision, it causes run-on sentences, no punctuation and...you don't know where to find your "C"apitol letter key :lol:

Apparently the same holds true for those non-pot smokers :rolleyes:

Lighting something on fire and inhaling it in to your lungs is stupid, doesn't matter what it is

Can't be explained any better than that.

Well, as humans we do all sorts of stupid things; alcohol is a poison, drinking it can't be good. Fast Food is deadly, but you colonials shovel it down your throats like there's no tommorow.

Well I'm glad it's not legal, to bad the government has to do your thinking for you in order for you not to use it. :mrsgreen:

Well I'm glad it's not legal, to bad the government has to do your thinking for you in order for you not to use it. :mrsgreen:

Too bad you have to be so sarcastic. That's just a nicer way of calling me stupid and I don't much appreciate it.

It's comments like that, that chase good people away. -kd5-

This is a debate of opinions on Marijuana not let's see who can throw the best insults at the person who started the thread. I think some of ya'all need to smoke a little to relax instead of getting so uptight that this has been brought up as a subject again.

Getting high affects everyone differently. People are not going to be affected the same. Just like when someone drinks and gets drunk, people act differently. What is pretty funny to me is Drinking is a depressant and how people who drink saying that smoking marijuana is a depressant and is bad for you! hahaha...Alcohol is the #1 depressant and it’s LEGAL. :hammer:

Example. I can get high, I feel relaxed, happy, and good. My mom, she gets high and she feels nervous, sick, and worried.

I also have known people who have smoked for 10, 20, 30 years and they are successful, smart, and they are healthy.

The thing I would like to hear from folks is about addiction. Do you feel marijuana is addicting? Those of you who have been smoking it for 10+ years, can you stop cold turkey tomorrow? I have heard many say it's NOT addicting and some say it is. What do you think?

Of course it "can be" addicting.

Like any drug, some people get addicted and some don't. Not every person is prone to addiction, addiction is a disease, drugs are just a symptom.

Like many drugs there are different types of addictions, physical addictions and "mental addictions".

I know so many people who are "alcoholics" and did not consider themselves "drug addicts", not understanding their disease they stop drinking and proceed with a new drug to satisfy their addiction most commonly referred to as the marijuana maintenance program :lol:

Inevitability "most" but not all who choose such a path eventually end up right back to their drug of choice.

So yes it is a symptom of addiction like every other drug is, the thing is people just don't have a clue about the insidious nature of the disease of addiction, and they associate it with a substance rather the what it is, " a disease". The drug of choice is irrelevant, because the disease is there, regardless of what drug you choose to feed it. ;)

Ever notice how the only people that say "it's not bad for you" are the people smoking it five or six times a day...

Lighting something on fire and inhaling it in to your lungs is stupid, doesn't matter what it is.

It doesn't have to be smoked so that is not even under debate.

I am a smoker as well pot and cig's and i can say that the harm from the cig's is horribal i have been trying to quit with no luck as of yet but anyway on wit the HERB. pot to me should be legal with small laws 1...growing small amounts for personal use only no dealing. 2... must be age of 25 or older to use,grow, and all that comes with it REASON FOR AGE OF 25... cause i agree that it makes you lazy and what not, also prevents the brain to learn school work you know robs you of ambitions like doing school work so go to school and get a degree, get your life going before you start smoking. I was a heavy herb smoker till about 3yrs ago i had a habbit of about 1oz a week to a week 1/2 now i am just a weekend smoker i like it better this way cause now i get really high when i smoke plus i got so much going on during the week that i need a clear mind to get it all done. I am pro weed

SMOKE UP!!!!!!!!!!! :sparkle::huh::sparkle:

I have never smoked pot or done anykind of illegal drugs. I drink for refreshment but not to get drunk. Oh I've had my wild times, especially in the Navy, but I'm 68 yrs old now and have mellowed out. The arguement that pot is no worse than beer is a tired old arguement that has been around since I was a teenager. And yes, MJ was around then to. There were also times in our history when you could buy Heroine or Cocain at the local pharmacy. If you read through the posts, you will see that for the most part, those that smoke pot still use the old dead horse beer vs. pot argument. The arguments range from the health hazards of each to the legality of each, and neither really matter. What matters is the reaction of either pot or alcohol on the individual. There are always exceptions to the effects, but for the most part they are rather consistent. If a person goes and has 3 or 4 beers after work, they then go home and go on with their evening. If a person has 3 or 4 joints after work, they are sitting on the floor in the corner eating Fritos or brownies..etc., and not functioning. Three or four joints are a helluva lot more brain altering than 3 or 4 beers. The main point that seems to be constantly missed here, is that pot smokers and beer/alcohol drinkers are not seperated into two distinct groups. Some here argue..."I smoke but I don't drink...yada yada...health...liver..kidneys....etc", the other side is ..."I drink but I don't smoke pot..yada yada...munchies...listless..no concentration...etc. The fact is that most pot smokers also drink, but most drinkers do not smoke pot. I don't know if there are any studies to back this up, but it holds true among my circle of acquaintences and friends and family. Also, I have known some friends and family members that have had drug problems, and every damn one of them started with pot and moved on to stronger drugs. On the other hand, I know a helluva lot of beer drinkers that never, and I mean never do hard alcohol.

Once again, we see where people stand on this issue as they give their opinions...and you know what they say about opinions...... :P

Edited by thehulk18

I have never smoked pot or done anykind of illegal drugs. I drink for refreshment but not to get drunk. Oh I've had my wild times, especially in the Navy, but I'm 68 yrs old now and have mellowed out. The arguement that pot is no worse than beer is a tired old arguement that has been around since I was a teenager. And yes, MJ was around then to. There were also times in our history when you could buy Heroine or Cocain at the local pharmacy. If you read through the posts, you will see that for the most part, those that smoke pot still use the old dead horse beer vs. pot argument. The arguments range from the health hazards of each to the legality of each, and neither really matter. What matters is the reaction of either pot or alcohol on the individual. There are always exceptions to the effects, but for the most part they are rather consistent. If a person goes and has 3 or 4 beers after work, they then go home and go on with their evening. If a person has 3 or 4 joints after work, they are sitting on the floor in the corner eating Fritos or brownies..etc., and not functioning. Three or four joints are a helluva lot more brain altering than 3 or 4 beers. The main point that seems to be constantly missed here, is that pot smokers and beer/alcohol drinkers are not seperated into two distinct groups. Some here argue..."I smoke but I don't drink...yada yada...health...liver..kidneys....etc", the other side is ..."I drink but I don't smoke pot..yada yada...munchies...listless..no concentration...etc. The fact is that most pot smokers also drink, but most drinkers do not smoke pot. I don't know if there are any studies to back this up, but it holds true among my circle of acquaintences and friends and family. Also, I have known some friends and family members that have had drug problems, and every damn one of them started with pot and moved on to stronger drugs. On the other hand, I know a helluva lot of beer drinkers that never, and I mean never do hard alcohol.

Once again, we see where people stand on this issue as they give their opinions...and you know what they say about opinions...... :P

On point one(bolded)...THREE OR FOUR JOINTS!!!!!!!???? I don't think so! You'd be sick as a dog...It's more like three or four tokes! Well noone I Know ever smoked that much anyway. :blink:

On point two...I believe that you will find that most of those people likely started with drinking and on to pot then on to harder drugs.

On point two...I believe that you will find that most of those people likely started with drinking and on to pot then on to harder drugs

And where will I find info on those figures? I had a brother that smoked pot...every day...and never drank. He tried beer and said he hated the taste. I said I "had" a brother. He and his girlfriend were cruising along in his Firebird smoking, doing a Bong, after a party and he ran into a bridge abutment. Needless to say, before he died his blood tests showed amazing amounts of illegal substances. Sure, drinkers crash and burn to, but there is a legal difference between DUI and DWI. It's not a progression, it's not a journey from a simple beer to hard liquor to pot to heroine or cocaine, etc. It's a matter of making choices as we all have to in life, some dumb and some good, but we should learn from them. Where in the progression would all the school kids fit that sniff, do cold pills, etc.?? Just choices.....

Effects on the Brain

The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. Research findings for long-term marijuana abuse indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse of other major drugs. For example, cannabinoid (THC or synthetic forms of THC) withdrawal in chronically exposed animals leads to an increase in the activation of the stress-response system5 and changes in the activity of nerve cells containing dopamine6. Dopamine neurons are involved in the regulation of motivation and reward, and are directly or indirectly affected by all drugs of abuse.

Effects on the Heart

One study has indicated that an abuser's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana7. The researchers suggest that such an effect might occur from marijuana's effects on blood pressure and heart rate and reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of blood.

Effects on the Lungs

Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens9,11. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke12. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells13. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco.

Other Health Effects

Some of marijuana's adverse health effects may occur because THC impairs the immune system's ability to fight disease. In laboratory experiments that exposed animal and human cells to THC or other marijuana ingredients, the normal disease-preventing reactions of many of the key types of immune cells were inhibited14. In other studies, mice exposed to THC or related substances were more likely than unexposed mice to develop bacterial infections and tumors15,16.

Effects of Heavy Marijuana Use on Learning and Social Behavior

Research clearly demonstrates that marijuana has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. Depression17, anxiety17, and personality disturbances18 have been associated with chronic marijuana use. Because marijuana compromises the ability to learn and remember information, the more a person uses marijuana the more he or she is likely to fall behind in accumulating intellectual, job, or social skills. Moreover, research has shown that marijuana’s adverse impact on memory and learning can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off19,20,25.

Students who smoke marijuana get lower grades and are less likely to graduate from high school, compared with their nonsmoking peers....

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Go Ahead Smoke Up!!! :laughing:

On point one(bolded)...THREE OR FOUR JOINTS!!!!!!!???? I don't think so! You'd be sick as a dog...It's more like three or four tokes! Well noone I Know ever smoked that much anyway. :blink:

i have and probly still can, not a brag just a fact :P

Make all illegal drugs free. It'll get drug dealers off the streets, make alot of money for the gov't, and reduce the population a great deal. I'm all for it. :tup:

once you can test for it on the fly they will legalize the stuff

secondly

Sticky Green from central cali is where its at!!!

honestly though I dont smoke the stuff but I could care less about the people who do

just use the doritos test :)

Make all illegal drugs free. It'll get drug dealers off the streets, make alot of money for the gov't, and reduce the population a great deal. I'm all for it. :tup:

explain the logic of giving something away for free (especially a relatively expensive drug) and making money... this method of marketing is foreign to me.