Sign in to follow this  
RandomX

Fan

I'm looking to replace the two 120mm fans I have in my case with some quieter ones, and I remember that you guys had this one fan that you really liked, but I can't remember what it was. Could anyone point me to this near-silent fan? If I recall, it was a tad pricey (for a fan, anyway), but I'm willing to pay it.

I'd browse through newegg myself, but I can't honestly see that some fan is 20Db and say "yes, I know exactly how loud that is."

hey Randim how are you man ? how u been, long time no see. good to see ya there :)

I don't really know what fans ur looking for. But I would recommend any of these:

This one is a little heavier, heard alot of good things of it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835186005

But I like this version of it, this looks real nice, even though they look ODD, and someone might recommend just for exhaust, but I use them for both Intake and Exhaust, I have 2 exhaust (back), 1 exhaust (top), 3 intakes (side, 3 lol :P), I wanted to put one infront to, but the only problem is putting screws, since you can only put screws one way. The only prob with this one is the connector is only 3 pin. Bur sure have a look:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835186008

I would actually give all credit too markkleb, he introduced me to it, its hell quiet, no ZZZZZZZZZ lol :lol: , its nice pushes and pulls air.

Thats from me, maybe the ones ur talking about are, Yate Loons also known as Nexus.

Cya, pleased to see ya around, take care :):adios:

i have that on my a64 cooler. LOVE that fan

though for this new case i just got, i've opted to go w/ 2 120mm Thermaltake SmartCase II fans w/ the pci slot speed adjuster/thermal strip.

i loved their 80mm versions, can't imagine the air the 120mm ones will push

Yeah, that's the fan I was talking about. The Arctic Cooling one. I remember it being a bit more expensive, but I'll take cheaper :P

I like the smarcase fans, but they're not what pops into my mind when I think "quiet". Actually, when I think of the smarcase fans, the word "loud" comes up, also "breezy". They're amazing fans, but I don't need the airflow.

the more expensive one is the one that comes with the heatsink.. I use those fans and there quite as a pin even at full throttle and cools like it should

yes I'd also recommend the ones slurpy did.

lol I didn't know u'd be speaking about them lol :P

Ya I would recomend the Arctic Freezer 64 to anyone. My temps are stable @ 32c even weeks with my cpu @ 2.8 under full load no load they run @ 26c. And the fans go with all motherboards fan sensors which is good. When the pc needs them they run at 1500 rpm or so still quite, if the dont they run around 600 rpm.

Edit: Just be carefull if you ever buy the heatsink they come with, They are huge and I mean huge.. Alot of cases wont even close with it in there. From Cpu to the tip of the heatsink it is almost 6 inches :blink:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835185125

Edited by slurpy

Ya I would recomend the Arctic Freezer 64 to anyone. My temps are stable @ 32c even weeks with my cpu @ 2.8 under full load no load they run @ 26c. And the fans go with all motherboards fan sensors which is good. When the pc needs them they run at 1500 rpm or so still quite, if the dont they run around 600 rpm.

Edit: Just be carefull if you ever buy the heatsink they come with, They are huge and I mean huge.. Alot of cases wont even close with it in there. From Cpu to the tip of the heatsink it is almost 6 inches :blink:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835185125

lol I hear ya brother :laughing::P , its big no doubt, but whats really bigger is the SI-127 (I think thats it, not sure of the exact model number) thats thew one from thermalright, holly crap its huge, the heatsink itself, I was trying to my Arctic Cooling 12 fan (the expensive one) to the my SI-120, but it won't fit, and I was too lazy to mod it to fit lol.

Yup, Random I have the expensive one's, thats why I recommend it, they run so cool man, 1500rpm, but you can't hear them. Plus they have rubber stuff mounted on it for silence.

Anyways bye guys :adios:

Well, I don't really need a CPU fan. The stock one works rather well, and my motherboard keeps it quiet.

I got one of both of the ones miggs recommended (since the 2nd one can't be used as an intake fan). I do say, they're quiet. I can hear my hard drive over the noise they make.

what 33.5 cfm but only 800 RPM, c'mon man. We are looking at 1500rpm, that sony fan is much slower.

RPM 1500RPM

Air Flow 56.3CFM

Noise Level 24.5 dBA

RPM 1500RPM

Air Flow 56.3CFM

Noise Level 23.5 dBA

RPM 800rpm

Air Flow 33.5CFM

Noise Level 8.7dBA

The guy asked for quiet. I think that fan stacks up to what he asked for that's all.

Actully 1/3 the noise and still pushes alot of air for it's speed. Your two fans are an airport compared to that one.

All I know is I have 2 of the Arctic 64's on my Heatsink 2 in the back 2 in the front and one on the side and one inside the HD cage and The only thing I can hear is my raptors roaring... And that is at full throttle around 1800 2000 rpm

All I know is I have 2 of the Arctic 64's on my Heatsink 2 in the back 2 in the front and one on the side and one inside the HD cage and The only thing I can hear is my raptors roaring... And that is at full throttle around 1800 2000 rpm

Now thats quiet! :P definatley gonna have to check those babies out

Yeah man, I have those all over my case lol. 1 in the top, 3 on the side :P , 2 at the back, I can barely hear them, I can only hear my 85 cfm panalo on my thermalright heatsink, but that will be dissapearing soon, water cooling is sitting in my roon getting dusted, I will put it up.

Yup Croupier, those Sony's are sure quiet, but really even if they say these Arctic guys 53 cfm, I cannot even hear them. :boxing::lol:

Cya around :adios:

that delta has a rating of nearly 60db, LMAO. much louder and ohsaa would require me to wear earplugs when they were on