Change Mode

Need help with new gfx card

Recently my graphics card decided to crap out on me. I have problems with artifacting and have tried numerous suggestions on how to fix this problem but none of them have worked. So Im gonna break down and get a new card. The thing is ive never replaced a graphics card in a laptop before so im guessing that I have to buy cards that are specifically designed for laptops. I need some suggestions on some good cards and places where I can buy them. Here are my system specs:

Pentium 4 3.8ghz

2 GB of RAM

Windows XP HE SP2

75GB HD

Nvidia Geforce Go 6800 Ultra

DVD/RW Drive

If you guys need more info about my system to help me just let me know and ill post the info. Thanks for the help!

Ok. I know it was a stupid sounding questions but idk you so idk your level of expertise with computers. What brand/model is it? There should be some information on whomever you bought it from's site.

Otherwise idk, I've never upgraded my laptop's video card (I wish to god I could, right now it can't even do 3d acceleration).

can you locate the removable video card?

Basically id have to take my laptop apart to get at it heh. Im a mechanic by trade so im good at taking things apart and putting them back together its just that I dont want to damage anything while im doing it. Think I would asave myself alot of hassle by taking into a shop to get fixed?

I need some suggestions on some good cards and places where I can buy them.

Assuming it is replaceable most likley you have to get from whomever built your laptop.

I dont want to damage anything while im doing it. Think I would asave myself alot of hassle by taking into a shop to get fixed?

I would but expect to pay some high labor fees on top of the card price.

What make and model is this?

sounds like Alienware or Hypersonic to me.

because dell didint make a laptop that had a p4 3.8ghzs ony pms with 6800ultras.

and for takeing it apart it was very easy for me i upgraded my video card from 6800 go non ultra to a 7800gtx than flashing the bios to a xps:)

and now my 9300 is a true xps:) with out the lights.

you should go on notebookforums.com and go to your laptop forums and see if you could replace it or better yet upgraded it:)