Change Mode

ok, so i was looking at getting the slk3000, or one in that series as i don't really want to spend more than 70 shipped.

but then the g/f wanted a window in the side, lol. well, that's fine, but i also want it to have 120mm fans so i can finally get the darn thing QUIETER.

so i came across this as the best contender between features wanted and price

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811119068

any other cases or does this one look good?

ok, so i was looking at getting the slk3000, or one in that series as i don't really want to spend more than 70 shipped.

but then the g/f wanted a window in the side, lol. well, that's fine, but i also want it to have 120mm fans so i can finally get the darn thing QUIETER.

so i came across this as the best contender between features wanted and price

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811119068

any other cases or does this one look good?

Don't let the price fool you, I have used that case several times and I love it, very quiet too :) :beer:

Here is the same case with a window: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811119077

Edited by X_C

i've seen a couple of thoose side monster fan cases. thought it a bit overkill. wouldn't that also KILL airflow designs. i mean sucking air in the front and driving it across the components to the rear exhaust seems better to me than just using a massive fan to blast air all over the place inside. probably would mess w/ your cpu hs/f also. to much turbulence.

midtower because it's not exactly a power pc. gonna have an a64 3500+, 6600gt, and 1 HD.

current case it's in won't work because i fried my vid card from overheating it's SO inefficient w/ the air flow.

thanks XC, that was actually the one i was looking at, dunno how i got to the one w/out the window, LOL

I have my side fan pointed so when it blows the video card splits the airflow so it goes over the top and over the GPU and the vid ram. It also blows on the NB chip. Overall it gives my video card and the NB a good 7 to 10c of extra cooling and it's only an 80mm. ;)

What I did was to turn the "window" upside down and reversed so it ened up that where it WAS blowing on the CPU it's now about 5in lower and right over the video card. The CPU is water cooled so it doesn't need it.

Wdeyd, the reason I like them better pointed at the side of the case instead of the motherboard is because there is ususally a bunch of wires over by the bottom right side of the motherboard. All the PS/REset/HDD plus the SATA connectors make that a pretty busy area. I like haveing the drive end of the wiring in another location. For a super neat setup you can bring the SATA and power in from the other side(need to remove the oposite side panel) and it's completely free of those wires.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, go the Cooler Master Centurion 534 w/ black face.

this thing is absolutely beautiful, sturdy, and a great build. can't wait to see how the thermals are on it.

paired it w/ 2 120mm smart case fan II w/ the temp sensor, might do the manual dial though.

but there is just simply a LOT of room in this case, and it's sooooo smooth. wish i had found this case before my last one that cost 150, lol. this is half the price and double the "goodness"

EDIT>> it even comes w/ a box full of extras like screws and wire ties and whatnots. there's a round doughnut shaped thing though that i have no idea what it is. manual doesn't say anything, looks like it might be one of those things that attaches around the power supply wires. no idea???? any help?

Edited by wdeydwondrer

ok, well, i went ahead an did most the install, waiting untill tomorow to back all the old stuff up and tear the rest of the parts outta the old pc.

this case it amazing. so much room. and 120mm fans on low settings move a ton more air than 80's on high, LOL.

wire management is also a VERY beautiful thing in this case. i'll get some pics of this up after i'm done.

well, now i just need a picture hosting thing and i can get my cheap phone pic up, but there's a hole right by the psu that i could run ALL the wires through so the only wire in the case really is the atx plug!!!

this case rocks, lol