Sign in to follow this  
craig2006

NEED HELP OVERCLOCKING CPU

ello i need help my computer is an intel celeron 2.7ghz which has a pll of ICS 9502**

i have been able to access the cpu multiplier by pressing F11 it has 2 settings 8X or 27X and i tried both of them but the cpu clock frequency stayed the same i have found 2 extra jumpers which is not in the manual or on the sticker on the inside of the case

it has a trigem alg845g motherboard with pheonix bios 4.0 version 6.0

i have also had no luck with clockgen or cpufsb because it does not have the option for setting the pll at 9502**

i know their is not much info on trigem motherboards but any help would be great

:)

Well for a start you need to increase the FSB and CPU volatge. You'll find that in the bios. If they have a setting for "auto overclocking" or something like that check that out and see what the system sets your settings to and use that as a guide.

Well for a start you need to increase the FSB and CPU volatge. You'll find that in the bios. If they have a setting for "auto overclocking" or something like that check that out and see what the system sets your settings to and use that as a guide.

well i have no settings for changing the fsb or the voltage in the bios

It sounds like your settings are locked. If it had two multi settings 8 and 27 and it booted with both then nothing changed.

Somehow I'm thinking Dell or Compaq. ;)

Out of those 2, I think Compaq would be more likely. Dell doesn't let you touch the chipset at all, not even the PC Health Status screen. You get CMOS and that's it.

Out of those 2, I think Compaq would be more likely. Dell doesn't let you touch the chipset at all, not even the PC Health Status screen. You get CMOS and that's it.

well its an emachines 620

emachines, wont let ya O/C but custom built yourself will.

BTW: Nice to see another person here from england, where abouts are ya mate?

Liverpool

where u live

If it works and lets you get past the Mfg. lock out you might be a hero to a lot of people. :)

ok i got everything i need to do it

ill be trying it 2morro fingers crossed every1

i just hope it doesnt wreck my computer

lol

I doubt it will. It'll either work or it won't. :)

If it works and lets you get past the Mfg. lock out you might be a hero to a lot of people. :)

does it mean i have to connect the wires to the jumpers like because i have 2 extra jumpers which i dont know what they do should i connect the wires to these

OMG!!!!!!!!! it feckin worked

instead of doing all that crap i just connected pin 55 with pin 54 and hey presto it feckin worked

i mean OMG it worked i tested it out on cpufsb and its running at 3.59ghz

this ROCKS

i mean F#*K yeh

WOOOOOOOOOT

i think im havin an orgy

lol and the temperture is only 45 degrees on idle and 60+ degrees on load

How hard it is to do that trick to overclock, connecting 55-56? I have a Dell Dimension 2400 with ICS 950201.

it wasnt that hard all i did was solder some wire 2 pins 55-56 and put a 10k resistor in the middle and that was it

i managed to overclock it through cpufsb