Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

Intel XBX/Asus P5WDG2WS PRO

Using the Asus board for a few days so I"m comparing it to how I did with the Intel XBX board. With the exception of the board all the hardware is exactly the same. No difference in anything.

cpu= E6600

DDR= GSkill 6400 DDR2

Vid= 7950GX2

PS= PCP&C 510 SLI

Max Air stable OC Intel = 3.57 Asus= 3.645

Vcore Intel= 1.47 Asus= 1.47

MCH Voltage Intel= 1.75 Asus= 1.8

RAM Intel= 667 Asus= 533

Intel boot strap was 1333. Asus is 1067. Not sure how that works out but the Asus seems to adjust itself as it is clocked. I was unable to clock over about 3.2 using the 1067 boot strap in Intel.

All in all it looks like the Asus is going to give me a higher 100% stable overclock on air. Still haven't finished so will post if I get more later today.

Me wants!! :D Gonna post a thread of my own in a few days. After 3 bad MB I'm gonna get some insight from the experts... meaning you guys. :D

I think because the lowest i can go on a Ram divider is 1:1 my Corsair XMS 6400 is maxing out at 830'ish mhz ......... i may try to loosen timings more and see if it'll go higher ...... but certainly gonna save for smoe GSkil PC2 1000

keep us posted Sho

Using the Asus board for a few days so I"m comparing it to how I did with the Intel XBX board. With the exception of the board all the hardware is exactly the same. No difference in anything.

cpu= E6600

DDR= GSkill 6400 DDR2

Vid= 7950GX2

PS= PCP&C 510 SLI

Max Air stable OC Intel = 3.57 Asus= 3.645

Vcore Intel= 1.47 Asus= 1.47

MCH Voltage Intel= 1.75 Asus= 1.8

RAM Intel= 667 Asus= 533

Intel boot strap was 1333. Asus is 1067. Not sure how that works out but the Asus seems to adjust itself as it is clocked. I was unable to clock over about 3.2 using the 1067 boot strap in Intel.

All in all it looks like the Asus is going to give me a higher 100% stable overclock on air. Still haven't finished so will post if I get more later today.

Hey sho... you keepin the BadAx? :angel::mrwinky::whistling:

No, I was able to sell it. That's the only way I would have been able to get another board. I gotta say that I really liked the BadAx. This asus is nice and I'm glad I got one but the Intel was a rock.

Looks like there's only going to be about a .030 difference in stable clocking. 3.57 for the intel and 3.6 for the Asus. I'm not testing phase cooling or max boot. Just 100 % stable clocks on air. In order for me to call it 100% stable it has to complete all Futuremark bench's, 8hrs of small FFT on dual SP200, 8hrs blend dual SP2004.

flew, I thought the Abit board was having problems getting 1/1 ram settings, or was that just with the OCZ memory?

No, I was able to sell it. That's the only way I would have been able to get another board. I gotta say that I really liked the BadAx. This asus is nice and I'm glad I got one but the Intel was a rock.

Looks like there's only going to be about a .030 difference in stable clocking. 3.57 for the intel and 3.6 for the Asus. I'm not testing phase cooling or max boot. Just 100 % stable clocks on air. In order for me to call it 100% stable it has to complete all Futuremark bench's, 8hrs of small FFT on dual SP200, 8hrs blend dual SP2004.

flew, I thought the Abit board was having problems getting 1/1 ram settings, or was that just with the OCZ memory?

seems to be only with OCZ ........ i havent seen anyone with issues using corsair or gskill but i do think the ram is gonna hold me back from going too much further .......... but it seems rock solid so far and the abit board has a lot of adjustments ..... but no 1333 boot strap just 1066 and lower but future bios update may provide it

Holy Break Open The Piggy Bank Batman!!!

When's I_G getting back? :D

should be anyday now .... send him a pm

Anyone running a Conroe on air post your air temps if you would please. Need to compare.

Yea because the team you might help win could be mine. :D