Change Mode

Looks crazy.

I just got to love this comment.

Pros: Lets see here.... It reduced a satellite internet's ping. How many products can do that?...

Cons: Nothing. There is no downfall to owning this card. Except I cannot blame anything on lag anymore.... More »

Other Thoughts: Everyone hates me now, and it is wonderful. Lag spikes in Ironforge? Bah, who cares. Everyone else is standing still, and I have a latency of 25. And that's lagging for me. Everyone told me I didn't need this card with the satellite internet. And no, I probably did not, but hey, it made it faster. I went from 100-150 latency to 15-20! Isn't that what this card is supposed to be all about? Buy one. Now. Trust me. You will not regret it.

He actually thinks that.It is always at least 2000ms hehe.1000ms up 1000ms down + whatever

Very nice card. Cards like this have been around for a while. Usually called router boards or SBC cards.

The built in processor and memory of these type cards are a huge improvement or typical onboard stuff we see today, and also much better then the typical add on PCI card.

There are some great uses for these types of cards, however in the form factor this thing is in, and it's "single" port, it would be pretty useless for more advanced things, and "OVERKILL" for a gaming computer :lol:

It is a pretty common configuration, that is overpriced in this particular implementation.

The 400 mhz processor, and 64 megs of ram are nice and the embedded Linux is typical of SBC/Router Cards.

not the full version for free, just the multiplayer

I would LOVE to have this card in a server. gaming, well, if you were hosting the game w/in your own network you can slow your ping down to match other players.... LOL

hell, if it weren't so pricey it'd be nice to have to take even more off the cpu

i never had a problem with lag in any of my games but then again i see lots of low ping servers available to me.

however it advertises that it works by making the connection of your game top priority...i mean you can kinda do that yourself by limiting anything else that connects to the internet

i know enough to know that nothing can just magically force your ISP to give you more bandwidth, i dont doubt it can help ping but i cant imagine it can do so that much better than software such as ping booster to be worth nearly $300..i think its more of a gimick than anything

Isn't this card a little bit overkill for the average computer owner's connection?

I mean yeah, you can send and recieve gigabytes per second but that doesn't do much for you if you're on dialup.

Since when has a gamer been an average computer user? And no serious pc gamer would be caught dead on dial-up.

i never had a problem with lag in any of my games but then again i see lots of low ping servers available to me.

however it advertises that it works by making the connection of your game top priority...i mean you can kinda do that yourself by limiting anything else that connects to the internet

i know enough to know that nothing can just magically force your ISP to give you more bandwidth, i dont doubt it can help ping but i cant imagine it can do so that much better than software such as ping booster to be worth nearly $300..i think its more of a gimick than anything

From what I read on the product's webpage, it provides a legitimate, albeit overpriced, service. You aren't getting more bandwidth from your ISP, you're taking stress off the CPU by having the add-on card handle network-related activity. It's the same reason we have videocards, making the CPU do all the work isn't the optimal configuration. Edited by Neo X1

Since when has a gamer been an average computer user? And no serious pc gamer would be caught dead on dial-up.

From what I read on the product's webpage, it provides a legitimate, albeit overpriced, service. You aren't getting more bandwidth from your ISP, you're taking stress off the CPU by having the add-on card handle network-related activity. It's the same reason we have videocards, making the CPU do all the work isn't the optimal configuration.

Also why people came out with Physics cards... so the CPU didn't have to do that as well. Lol... then again its not much of a big deal if you are on a Dual core chip or ( in the future) Quad core :o

Also why people came out with Physics cards... so the CPU didn't have to do that as well. Lol... then again its not much of a big deal if you are on a Dual core chip or ( in the future) Quad core :o

Actually, the physics card does make quite a large difference in games that are designed to use it. Check out Anandtech's review of the PhysX Card with City of Villains, that game apparently really works your CPU hard.

From what I read on the product's webpage, it provides a legitimate, albeit overpriced, service. You aren't getting more bandwidth from your ISP, you're taking stress off the CPU by having the add-on card handle network-related activity. It's the same reason we have videocards, making the CPU do all the work isn't the optimal configuration.

That was a hyperbole, that card is overkill for gaming. And by average, I meant anyone who doesn't have a super-fiber-optic-whatever internet connection, which is pretty much everyone.

And again, I never said it got you more bandwith from your ISP. In fact, I believe I said it would be overkill for the average user's connection.

It's like hiring a macho body guard for 80$ an hour to guard your 20$ bike while you go in to the library to pick up a few books.