OPtimizer - removed key for microsoft small buisness managmnet suite

Guest christensenotis

Guest christensenotis

:pullhair:

Well I purchased optimize 1.5 today and ran the clean up, rebooted my computer and when I logged back in. I could not use visio, word, excel, or access. outlook kind of worked but no word editor.

I got a macro error when opening them and then they shut down say user does not have permission for these programs.

I restored my systyem using the optimize restore button and almost everything was back to normal. Except it somehow lost my outlook profile so that i had to recreate my three email accounts. and then go get the old file to get all of my emails.

I am completely lost on what to do except ask for my money back. It took me two hours to get everything back to where it was before I ran optimize - outlook is still alittle off - but I am up and running. As for the other office products, they all when through a new installation phase and I had to reconnect the business contact database in outlook.

Has this happend to anyone? What or which files should i not have optimizer remove?

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=3QDKPW4C0MJS60HC

:wp:

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Your order has been refunded.

Windows System Restore will undo most of whatever "restore system settings" could not fix.

There is a very small number of users (<20) with the same issue that have surfaced recently. We are looking at the problem and expect to have a fix shortly. It seems to be related with how Office was originally installed. With rare exception, Windows System Restore will effect a complete recovery.

Archived