Sign in to follow this  
Hurdy

The Pit Moment when you went whoa...

can this thread please be positive as I am sure that was the intention

Positive? From Hurdy? HAH! I scoff on your lapel.

Positive? From Hurdy? HAH! I scoff on your lapel.

Feelings are hurt.

Damage is done.

I will tread slowly back into the shadows from whence I came...

Mine?...

When a certain GoogleDoc libelled DD and Laurel and Hardy appeared with a mission, seeemingly, then disappeared just as quickly.... job done

Feelings are hurt.

Damage is done.

:adios:

I kid! I kid! :lol:

least your :filtered: has healed ....arf ...

... I miss Zion ...... I miss the laughs

and

moon

The condition of my underwear , even if I have any, is beyond the scope of this thread or this posters understanding. It is personal, off-topic and designed to offend

mint

Edited by Tankus

... I miss Zion ...... I miss the laughs

I miss him, too. I well remember your response to one of Zion's most outrageous rants: "Oh boy".

Howdy Mr B. Unfortunately, the Pit is a product of the times just as it is with society these days. People's skins have gotten thinner, more people take offense to more things, more people express outrage to the most outrageously mundane, people use other's mistakes for their soapbox poison, disheartening longtime members from even coming back. We used to have fun here, we still do in some small way, but now it seems guarded, as if everyone is afraid of offending anyone. As a moderator I feel like I have to guard against these perceived injustices, as a member I'm saddened by all this righteous indignation that has changed the atmosphere at the Pit. I wish things were more like they used to be before the miscreants screwed it up for everyone, we keep trying but it doesn't appear to do as much good as I wish it would. All in all however, it's still the Pit, and everyone here is still an extended family...

Just my humble opinion, -kd5-

:) Kd5 - how's it going old friend? I should have included your famous "stop smoking" thread as well :blushing:

Your comments above - are in my opinion - no humble opinion. You have said so succinctly what the real problem here is. Perhaps we should attempt to raise the levels of what is acceptable and is not. It seems we have only a small few who are patrolling the PC borders and stamping their authority on all the others. :nono: Living in Britain, I constantly live in a society that smothers any free or radical thinkers under the guise of political correctness. And we are supposed to be one of the true democracies :rofl2: It is simply oppression by the back door if you ask me. We all mainly know what is acceptable and what is not. But then you get these haridans who decide that is not enough for them and they ramp up the level for everyone - because it gives them power - and others don't want to argue this because they will be told they are not politically correct and therefore need to undergo a treatement programme or better still give up their position to someone who is better than them?

See the vicious circle we become enmeshed in?

We need to have a set standard - and not one that someone can just up the ante on whenever they feel it should be. I really don't know if the mods and admins here have a working brief from Rob about what standards they must and should enforce, but I feel they may well be left to take direction from the loudest and scariest one in the group :unsure: (and before anyone even thinks I'm talking about Volt - forget it - it aint him! I may not agree with some things he does - but he isn't the sacriest one here as far as I'm concerned!)

Well there - I've had my rant! :blushing:

great to hear form ya again KD5 :mrgreen:

beau B)