Sign in to follow this  
Hurdy

The Pit Moment when you went whoa...

I've saw someone post they worked for a nationally known advocate group, an actual link posted to it. Ranted daily about this group they worked for and made up stories about work related things and big functions they attended blah blah blah... One email to that group confirmed they had never heard of that person ever. They visited this forum and was quite surprised at what they found posted about their organization and who was pretending to represent them. :laughing: priceless. My how the mighty have fallen... :rolleyes:

Yeah and noone can figure out why this person isn't wanted back?????? :blink: They must just have it in for the poor little girlPosted Image

Edited by andromeda

It was sposed to say ''your butt'' I can't spell.. :lol: v

Well, you could still change it if ya wanted to ya know

I'm having a really hard time understanding why it's ok for...oh say a little kid or an adult that's offended by profanity...to see a banned word in one person's post but it's not OK for...oh say a little kid or an adult that's offended by profanity...to see that word written by someone else. If a word is not OK to post here then it's not OK for anyone to post it here...right? What is the reasoning behind banned words if one person can use it but someone else can't? Banned words are to keep the children and those easily offended from seeing such horrible words at The Pit :rolleyes: Either the word :filtered: is banned or it's not!

Edited by andromeda

I'm having a really hard time understanding why it's ok for...oh say a little kid...to see a banned word in one person's post but it's not OK for...oh say a little kid...to see that word written by someone else. If a word is not OK to post here then it's not OK for anyone to post it here...right? What is the reasoning behind banned words if one person can use it but someone else can't? Banned words are to keep the children and those easily offended from seeing such horrible words at The Pit :rolleyes: Either the word :filtered: is banned or it's not!

I'm just back from a hard day at work and trying to catch up with all the Pit goss ... is this "little kid" volt because if it is then just say so .. he's got a tough hide and can take it. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about the purpose of a word filter here at the pit...it's to keep little kids and those easily offended from seeing such bad words...right...otherwise, why have a word filter? You did not carefully read my words! I edited it to be more clear.

Edited by andromeda

I was seriously taken aback when TracyLynn decided I wasn't cool anymore. If you compare then and now posts it's like a complete different person when responding to anything I say.

Ha! Remember that time I busted Z1ON for using pics from the internet talking about his cool new apple computer. :lol:

I would have to say Bruce shooting down a few of my ideas/opinions. He had good reason to and I learned a little bit from it.

That's why we're all here isn't it? To learn and share ideas.

he angered us enough to make us want to do it :lol:

Mine was when I first saw radio, Y kawika and Inpro (Imp) working on HJT logs.....WoW! gimme that challenge :rofl2:

So how are you getting on? Graduated from Boot Camp yet? :lol:

Nothing here makes me go whoa any longer. Seen and heard it all. :)

The wide spectrum of personalities the people from different parts of the world have. I even notice the difference in people from different regions of the US quite clearly. It has proven some of my pre-conceived ideas about these regions true and yet even more false.

For someone like myself who has never flown in an airplane, left the country and has only been to the eastern states from Maine to South Carolina it is interesting to say the least. I'd love to visit everyone and get an idea of what it is like for them to be where they are. The pit somehow gives me an insight to such things.

It's easy to dismiss the fact that we really are talking to people from all over the world. Seems like they are right next to us when we are on the forum, but when you think about it, we all come from so many different lives, places and experiences. Everyone has something to bring to the table so to speak.

I sometimes feel enlightened, confused and exasperated all at once. The pit has it's own culture however petty that may sound, but it is there and many times I forget that notion. :)

For me, it was when the anti-spyware thread really took off :clap:

Perhaps I'm too much into reminiscing but I really felt we were all connecting then - the common cause :boxing:

I find the PIT is very different these days and there is very little humour here now - something which -in my opinion - was almost the foundation of the original PIT. :mrgreen:

I don't post often nowadays because I worry about saying something and it being taken the wrong way - as has happened in the past and ended up in me being banned. Thankfully, Volt intervened and decided in my favour. But it was something that should never have gotten to that stage in the first place - the problem was more to do with someone else's tetchiness than anything I had written. However, life moves on and we all hope we learn and understand things a little better each day.

I still come here to read and see what is happening and to keep up with what you are all doing or talking about and to see if Hulk or Bear are posting any jokes - even those are very moderate now! :huh:

Old habits die hard

beau B)

There's not much of anything that wow me anymore, as I too have seen it all. I used to love this place when I first joined back in '04. Now, the pit seems to have lost alot of its "personality".

Not to say this place still isn't great, just not so much as it was in the past.

Edited by brandon

the big whoa, was when they closed the GD...though maybe I had been banned :huh: then it seem all they did was put all the heated battles in the PD section, and the GD area became the definsive zone :mrsgreen:

Of course we can't forget the west coast guy who was mega rich and had the ultimate super computer. When goaded into posting a pic of it he googled and posted one and got busted out for it when somebody found the site the pic came from. Brilliant. :lol:

I didn't like that guy. We were supposedly supposed to love him because he was rich, disabled and some sports star guy. I honestly couldn't care about any of those, he was a jerk.

Moving on:

There was that time I insulted all of California on the boards, those were good times.

I didn't like that guy. We were supposedly supposed to love him because he was rich, disabled and some sports star guy. I honestly couldn't care about any of those, he was a jerk.

He claimed to be disabled? I never saw that part...seems I remember pictures of "him" bicycling? I know he was eventually banned but I don't know the actual reason...I don't think it was for pretending he was something that he wasn't...he cheated or something...It used to be kinda wild in here!

For me, it was when the anti-spyware thread really took off :clap:

Perhaps I'm too much into reminiscing but I really felt we were all connecting then - the common cause :boxing:

I find the PIT is very different these days and there is very little humour here now - something which -in my opinion - was almost the foundation of the original PIT. :mrgreen:

I don't post often nowadays because I worry about saying something and it being taken the wrong way - as has happened in the past and ended up in me being banned. Thankfully, Volt intervened and decided in my favour. But it was something that should never have gotten to that stage in the first place - the problem was more to do with someone else's tetchiness than anything I had written. However, life moves on and we all hope we learn and understand things a little better each day.

I still come here to read and see what is happening and to keep up with what you are all doing or talking about and to see if Hulk or Bear are posting any jokes - even those are very moderate now! :huh:

Old habits die hard

beau B)

Howdy Mr B. Unfortunately, the Pit is a product of the times just as it is with society these days. People's skins have gotten thinner, more people take offense to more things, more people express outrage to the most outrageously mundane, people use other's mistakes for their soapbox poison, disheartening longtime members from even coming back. We used to have fun here, we still do in some small way, but now it seems guarded, as if everyone is afraid of offending anyone. As a moderator I feel like I have to guard against these perceived injustices, as a member I'm saddened by all this righteous indignation that has changed the atmosphere at the Pit. I wish things were more like they used to be before the miscreants screwed it up for everyone, we keep trying but it doesn't appear to do as much good as I wish it would. All in all however, it's still the Pit, and everyone here is still an extended family... ;)

Just my humble opinion, -kd5-

When did I go "whoa"? When all of a sudden this member showed up out of the blue and started posting really rude/argumentative posts(I remember asking Keith "who the hell is that woman?")...I didn't realize that she had been here earlier and went away for a while. She is now a banned EX member...then was the time that someone was giving out information about members to someone that has a forum so they could snoop about and check on people at her forum. Those are the two things that stand out in my mind.