Change Mode

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor

If you are not using cool and quiet:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835118115

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103535

This is the one I've purchased, so I don't believe that it has what you're talking about. Unless the fan on top of it is meant to behave this way. The funny thing is I've had this pc running since like October 05. It's never had any problems whatsoever. I just noticed this because I was looking at my decorative fans because they were making noise from the dust on them. Then I noticed the processor one not moving.

But if I do anything like open a program or whatever it starts going. If I do something small like minimize or maximize a window it kinda twitches twice and then spins a little bit.

Right now it's just chillin. But as soon as I do anything it will start going again.

I know you mentioned dust (aka fan killer) dust build up often get's into the bearings of the fans and starts screwing with them; it happens quite regularly to video card fans and once the cpu fan starts sputtering you know it's days are numbered also. Good advice from the other guys, you don't want your computer burning up; I'd rather replace a fan than a processor any day :)

Agreed... compleatley stopping is a no no .... but that was hard to deduce from the first post ... if the fan stops spinning all together you have an issue ... cool n quiet will slow it right down but never stop it ( not that ive seen )

it could be that cool n quiet shuts the fan off if the cpu is under 40c or 30c

because befor i had cool n quiet on and my fan whould shut off because the temps went under 35c.

and it came back on when it went over 40c.

so its pretty normal too do that it doesint sound like the fan is going.

check in your bios and see if you could find something about fans or cool n quiet and try turning it off.

and when you find something about fans im sure you could put it on allways full:)

• 2 weeks later...

it could be that cool n quiet shuts the fan off if the cpu is under 40c or 30c

because befor i had cool n quiet on and my fan whould shut off because the temps went under 35c.

and it came back on when it went over 40c.

so its pretty normal too do that it doesint sound like the fan is going.

check in your bios and see if you could find something about fans or cool n quiet and try turning it off.

and when you find something about fans im sure you could put it on allways full:)

I checked the bios and I did indeed find cool n quiet or whatever and disabled it. However, it either un-did that setting (havent checked) or it doesnt work to turn it off as my processor is still stopping. Right now it's spinning...but it wasnt a little bit ago. I think it's only going to spin when I'm doing a lot of things to actually cause it to get hot.

Weird. I dont know if there are other fan settings, I haven't really looked that hard yet. :P