Sign in to follow this  
HammerSlammer

One Day Point Total

Thats what I thought. MHZ is the difference, unless comparing AMD to Intel. Thats like comparing a supercharged 426 HEMI to a 12 volt electric motor in folding.

If you had a P4 and a P3 both clocked at 1.3 GHz, the P4 would still fold faster? What if the P3 had DDR ram and the P4 had SD ram? :huh:

that, I'm not so sure... early p4's weren't very good :shifty:

doesn't it have to do with the math co-processor, and the sse and sseII on the chip? that makes things faster instead of ram. :huh:

Ram has not much to do with any of it. Its a CPU intensive program. I seen 2100's stock fold as fast as mine with 64mb pc100 sdram. My 2100 has pc2100 and is stock.

It just bothers me that I heard somewhere that P3s fold faster than P4s... Now I wanna know... :mrsgreen:

maybe the older p3's(slot1) that might fold a bit faster since it has the 512 cache, on it and sse that would just be a guess. i know the old p3 i'm on is a slot1 chip, and i couldn't tell you if it does fold faster or not, as it's the only p3 i have. :)

Rank 17. Points 1025.14 . I broke 1000 points! Hooray! I should break another 2 places by this weekend. :mrgreen:

the low was because of server problems @ stanford...

lot's of work was being held in queue

all seems good now though :mrgreen:

Wow, now my name is green... Gettin to the top with my secret plan!

in yellow now :)

but what fun is "no threats" & "no conquests" :P

Tell me about it. :P I havent even got that 5th Athlon up yet, and i'm still cruisin. My cousin needs to order a BIOS chip for his NF7-S. It boots, but wont let him in the BIOS. The FSB is set to 100 and his 1700 only goes 1100mhz. :( He's ordering the "survival kit" today.

I must've just missed the deadline on the eoc stat page... show's 6777.78

& the stanford stat page shows 6941.36 :rolleyes:

that would've gave me a little edge on the points for last 24hrs :P

also looks like we'll be breaking 60,000 points any minute now :mrgreen: WTH!! :rocks:

Darn radio!! You never let off!!! Remember in '89 or '90?? The Oakland A's. Jose Canseco and Mark Mcgwire were the Bash Brothers. We're the Folding Bash Brothers!!! Watch out for Adam though. Looks like he's got some great production the last 24hrs also. Looks comparable to Volt already!! WTH Adam!!!

Your "all" in my sites. :P v

Thanks mikedick, you are a true rolemodel! :)

No problem Adam!! :mrgreen: You stuck true to your word, and shook things up around here! I'm a little more nervous now. Just goes to prove AdamMAXIS has some killer computer power at his disposal. :tup: Team production is up quite a bit cause of this friendly competition thing. Keep it up!!!! Oh, and, JUST TRY AND CATCH ME!!!! :lol: