Change Mode

Guess I have been spoiled over the years of using Antec Cases. They are quite, efficient and good looking.

Went out tonight and picked up a new case, Already had a power supply and all other equipment.

I bought a CoolMatser Case. It looks pretty decent and is very easy to work on, but my God this has to be the loudest case I have ever owned, and I do mean it is frikken loud.

I regret buying it, and don't think I will ever buy another one. :mrsgreen:

All the hardware that went into it was in an Antec LanBoy, it was whisper quite.

This CoolMaster sounds like a damn Airliner taxying on a runway. :yucky:

Haven't had that experience b-4 Bruce. never had a Cooler Master either!! Thanks for that share!

Have a Cheiftec midtower for 3 years now and the 4th build through it and alway's been a charm.

Have built several systems in the past with Antec, and Cheiftec, and can only give them kudos.

The last build was an Aspire X-plorer, and it was nice and quiet with 7 fans.

now that you told me so, don't think I want to try a Cooler Master.

Thanks for that info! :)

OMG, this thing is horrible :lol:

Bringing it back tomorrow exchanging for an Antec

lol Bruce, cool down, ever seen those 84cfm panaflo 120mm fans, how about 5 of them showed in them in a case, oooh crap, now that's what u call FREAKING UNBARABLE HORRIBLE :P:lol:

well, you have been used to with the quiet cases, so you can't like Coolermaster, good cases but loud lol. I do agree with you there, Antec makes the coolest and quietest cases, not really that cool, but quiet, yes sir.

nice to see ya bruce. :adios:

Hey Bruce,

Any chance of letting me/us know which model Coolermaster it was? as I sometimes uses Coolermasters in builds I do.

Good luck with the exchange.

Jack

Here is the jetliner here.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_in..._Mid_Tower_Case

I couldn't bear it, I had to remove my GeForce 5900 and put an old GeForce 2 MX 200 fanless card in there until I could get back to the store.

The 5900 screams when it gets a load on it, I never really knew just how loud it was until I bought this case.

My wife has a Fanless MX 4000 in her machine, so I will just probably give it to her, and I will get a case that is quite for myself.

I can't stand listening to all that noise, would drive me insane in the membrane very quickly.

Even with a fanless card in it, it is still louder then the Antec is when I put the 5900 in it. :shrug:

Wife says she wants a new case :shifty:

I think I have just the thing for her :angel:

My wife would string me up if I tried that trick on her Bruce.............are you really that brave or have a deathwish ? :laughing:

My wife would string me up if I tried that trick on her Bruce.............are you really that brave or have a deathwish ? :laughing:

It's not a trick. It is called effective marketing techniques, I have convinced her that it is good for her, whether she needs it or not. So she agreed, and will get the case.

I figured if it works for Bill, it should work for me. :lol:

I agree Bruce, I love my Super LanBoy...very quiet and good cooling. She is a little dinged from a few builds and should be replaced eventually.....When I do it will probably be another Antec. :)

:rolleyes: oh brother....

i have built the 4 computers in this house with my own hands and using my own parts....therefore, i will determine who gets to use which computer. :P

i will also determine what os will be installed. the little lady is really gonna flip when she comes home and finds suse installed on her computer one of these days. :mrgreen:

if she don't like it....she don't have to use it. B)

my superalien case has 7 fans excluding the mobo, cpu, gfx and psu fans. I've been used to it lol

Anywant want me to record noise of my pc? :P Lets have a noise competition :P

Edited by AMDX1325