Change Mode

toneing you abs machines?

gordesky1

If you are doing to because you think these devices will do better then traditional excersizes then it doesnt matter cause none of them will (IMO). If you are doing it to get a six pack and you have some fat on your stomach it wont make a difference which one you pick cause it wont matter, diet and the theory of burning more calories then your current body weight is accustomed to will be the only way to lose the fat along your midsection.

If you are looking to see which one will give better results I believe they are probably really close to the same which will be much less then doing traditional excersizes and having a proper diet.

To me it doesnt matter if I had the money to burn, if they arent worth it, they dont waste your money.. (IMO). I think thats what BigChrome and I are trying to say.

Sorry I havent answered your question of which one is better but I am not sure either will give you what you might be looking for.

If you want to tone your abs then start by drinking alot of water, you should have at least 2 litres (8 cups) a day and then another litre for every hour of exercise. Water is basically the fuel for your metabolism and if you give it alot of fuel then it will do a much better job helping you burn fat, plus drinking a sufficient amount of water will give you alot more energy then before. I started doing this a week ago and I lost 3 pounds in the first three days and I can tell you that I have alot more energy then before. Anyways, drinking alot of water coupled with a good diet and exercise will go a very long way for you.

My friend did that and dropped from over 13 stone to my weight (around 11.5) very quickly! He also did do some crazy excercise though, hurling, swimming, basketball, soccer, running. Just to give you an idea of exactly how much he did though, we did over 5 hours at the gym in one day (including an hour in the pool)

Anyway :tup: to the water.

I wouldn't buy either of those machines. hftmrock has it right in my opinion. If you're looking for the 6 pack, what you need is a diet. Sit ups aren't going to do it for you. -- Sure you'll build the muscle, but you won't see it.

Go swimming. I've found it to be the all round best exercise you can get. While it work out some areas more than others the point is you're burning fat... lots of it too if you really push yourself.

Some people swear by taking supplements to help your build muscle, or gan weight, which again, IMO, is dumb. Don't waste your money on anything like that either.

In the end, hard work is what pays off. So... get to work!

Too true, it's all about the diet, but you need to actually get the muscle aswell. Unfortunately all I did was get the muscle, and now it doesn't really look all that great.

I was doing 100 reps with 35-50kg on the crunches machine (this thing http://www.nku.edu/~issues/weightlifting/MVC-049S.JPG) in the gym and I kept feeling sick after it so I just stopped. Then I tried 100 sit ups a night for 2 weeks but tbh I just need to lose weight.

Just do sit-ups. No need for a fancy machine. Just anchor your feet to the ground and do 100 a day. Take breaks or do sets of 20 or so and have a 30-second break inbetween.

I think the only good supplements are the ones that are "meal replacements" for people who are trying to "cut" (lose weight). You are better off to "cut", and then once you are finished "cutting" then you can start to "bulk" (gain muscle mass).

It's better to eat 6 times a day rather then just 3... lets say, breakfast at 7:30am, meal replacement at 9:30am, lunch at 12:00pm, meal replacement at 3:00pm, dinner at 6:00pm and then another meal replacement at 9:00pm or so.. depending on what time you go to bed etc.

i just got the nordic track ab-works for 25$ and i tried it and man this thing realy works.

i could feel every muscle in my body working with it.

i realy dont need too lose weight just need too gain muscle mass.

but so far i think this machine is pretty good:)

Of coarse it works. Nobody said it wouldn't. Fact of the matter is, it's not doing anything you couldn't do without the machine. In all actuality, being as how the machine is directing your movement, rather than you directing it yourself it's not nearly as efficient as the latter. Sure, you may gain muscle, but it's just not the same and may not be the muscles you would ordinarily use.

It's like using freeweights over the machines. There are infinite advantages over using freeweights.

One thing you do need to take into consideration that a lot of people really don't think about is you need a variety. If you do 100 sit-ups a day, or use that machine on a daily basis then sure, for the first month or so you'll notice a difference, but thereafter no matter how hard or consist your are at doing it, it's not really doing anything for you. You'll need to make some sort of variation to the way you're doing the exercise. I'm not saying you'll stop gaining muscle by performing the same exercise for long periods of time, I'm simply stating that change is good and will be much mor efficient.

Also, in regards to the eating 5/6 meals a day... It still all depends on the type of food you eat. If you eat right, whether you eat three or five meals you should be fine. Don't go to bed with a full stomach. Eat organic foods whenever possible. It's hard work and you need to pay close attention to your intake. Give up the cup(s) of coffee in the morning, stop drinking soda, stop eating fast food and picking that candy bar when standing in the checkout lane at the grocery store and in a very short time you'll notice a dramatic difference in not only your weight, but you'll have MORE energy and feel all-round better...

Bah, it's late; I feel like I'm rambling so I'll stop there. Good Luck!

i know that nobody said it wont work.

i just figure i come back with updates:)

but i just found out you could do 15 excercises with this.

and i figured 2 more of my own lol.

i standed on the bottom were the legs lifts are and i was lifting my body with my arms.

and another one i did is sit on the bottom and pull on the leg thing back and forth.

and i know doing it with out the machine is better but this seems too be alot better for me.

Just do sit-ups. No need for a fancy machine. Just anchor your feet to the ground and do 100 a day. Take breaks or do sets of 20 or so and have a 30-second break inbetween.

I was thinking more like 100 pushups without a break :)

Archived