Change Mode

Super slow scrolling speed

My laptop has 1.5 GB of RAM, Pentium M, and is just a pretty good PC overall.

Problem is, the scrolling in my browsers are rediculously slow! I think it must be something to do with my video card, I updated the driver for it but that did nothing. The card is NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 5150.

Please helppp.

Usually when it's ridiculously slow like that, it means that your video drivers are not installed. Go to Nvidia's site and download the latest drivers for your card. Then install them and restart your computer. It should run fine now.

Usually when it's ridiculously slow like that, it means that your video drivers are not installed. Go to Nvidia's site and download the latest drivers for your card. Then install them and restart your computer. It should run fine now.

Every time I try to install the right drivers, it says "Can't find compatible drivers for installation, closing setup now". Or something like that...

Ianmtdel you missed on little bit of onfo,

My laptop

There is no support in the regular Nvidia drivers for laptops.

Best place that I know of for getting Nvidia drivers for laptops is here,

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showforum=68

they have almost every driver released with a modded inf (including the latest official and beta drivers) so that they can be installed on laptops (including going the other way and modding the inf for the laptop drivers so that they can be installed on desktop cards).

Ianmtdel you missed on little bit of onfo,

There is no support in the regular Nvidia drivers for laptops.

Best place that I know of for getting Nvidia drivers for laptops is here,

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showforum=68

they have almost every driver released with a modded inf (including the latest official and beta drivers) so that they can be installed on laptops (including going the other way and modding the inf for the laptop drivers so that they can be installed on desktop cards).

:blushing:

Thanks for clarifying that stormy.

Edited by Ianmtdel