re setting Password

:blushing: Help!

I have a Dell Latitude laptop that i haven't used in over a year as i have new one issued through my work. I would like to set up the old laptop for the childern however i cannot remember the last password i had set. Can anybody help me in my quest to make 2 childern very happy :rolleyes: and to their Mum from going mad :pullhair: Any suggestions as to how i can into teh PC would be greatfully received!!!

Many thanks

:blushing: Help!

I have a Dell Latitude laptop that i haven't used in over a year as i have new one issued through my work. I would like to set up the old laptop for the childern however i cannot remember the last password i had set. Can anybody help me in my quest to make 2 childern very happy :rolleyes: and to their Mum from going mad :pullhair: Any suggestions as to how i can into teh PC would be greatfully received!!!

Many thanks

:geezer:

Mate, You need to go to User To User Section?

If you Wait? sooner or Later a Staff Member will move your Thread there, Mate!

:sparkle::wub::sparkle:

Thank you, 2 things how can i wipe it clean as this was an old PC that has nothing of use to the children! Can i do that even though i can't get into the PC as i have forgotten the password.

Secondly if i download the ebcd/pcministry again will that work if i cannot get past the windows password issue?

Will Knoppix LiveCD help him get into a windows accout?

Yes. Recovering the windows partition will take some minor Linux/Unix tuition, but viewing it should be pretty much automatic.

I

Edited by Iain

This extract is from the ebcd FAQ.

Problem: You have forgot password of Windows NT/2000/XP user/administrator.

Solution with EBCD: Using this disk, you may create special mini-version of Linux, which can change password for any user. Surely, you does not need to know the old password. Also, you may edit Windows registry using it.

• 4 weeks later...