Change Mode

Printer Sharing

I've been helping out my cousin who's printer all the sudden can't be printed to from his laptop.

The printer is connected directly to his desktop which is basically his server computer. His laptop has always been able to print wirelessly until like 3 days ago. When I try to share his printer, it says "Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed".

What do I do?

I just set up my printer sharing about 2 days ago. I'll give you a general procedure of how I did it. It might not help though.

1. Make sure network is up and running.

2. Make sure printer is hooked up correctly to host computer.

3. Install drivers on computer without printer.

4. Follow instructions on screen while installing.

5. Go to host computer, go to Control Panel, Printers and Faxes, and see if printer is there.

6. If not, go to host computer, go to Printers and Faxes, right click printer, then click sharing. Check the box that allows sharing.

7. Go back to computer without printer and go to add a printer and then follow instructions from there.

Hope this helps.

Well, I remember the time it didn't work for me. I think you might have to uninstall all drivers from the computer not connected to the printer first. Then start over. For me, I didn't install the printer plugged into the computer. I left it on the host computer. Any other help guys?