Sign in to follow this  
Neo X1

If the pit were a democracy

Seems to be very cyclical with the same folk

hftm - I agree with your thoughts on this - perhaps a better way to deal with it would be to have a warning signal for posters? This would perhaps preclude admin/mods getting into a war of words with a poster?

At the end of the day, I still feel that admin/mods need to be able to stay aloof from bandying personal (regardless of how much many of might agree) personal comments at posters. That only brings down the overall respect for them.

beau.

I am not saying I agree of disagree with what has 'changed' here but frankly we have over 34,000 members and the issues seem to swirl around the same folk. It doesnt really matter who they are but these 'incidents' seem to be happening to the same people over and over. I have seen new folk here with very few posts get into the same 'issues' with these same folk as many have had last month, last year and before.

Maybe, if its the same folks over and over... these are the folks that need some introspection.

Maybe its a bigger issue then just a handful and if these people are justified, then they should continue the fight but maybe there is a better way.

This will go away just like it has a month ago, six months ago, a year ago, 2 years ago and beyond.

Seems to be very cyclical with the same folk.

While your logic does seems sound, I'd like you to consider two things. 1) Things may be building up over time that suddenly erupt at some point. And 2) it doesn't matter where you are, there are always those who will speak up for what they think is wrong and those who will sit back and take it.

While your logic does seems sound, I'd like you to consider two things. 1) Things may be building up over time that suddenly erupt at some point. And 2) it doesn't matter where you are, there are always those who will speak up for what they think is wrong and those who will sit back and take it.

I wont argue with that... it makes sense...

but if its the same people over and over (I am not saying it is).......

Good post Neo... thanks

hftm - I agree with your thoughts on this - perhaps a better way to deal with it would be to have a warning signal for posters? This would perhaps preclude admin/mods getting into a war of words with a poster?

At the end of the day, I still feel that admin/mods need to be able to stay aloof from bandying personal (regardless of how much many of might agree) personal comments at posters. That only brings down the overall respect for them.

beau.

While there might not be a warning signal we see, I believe there are many many many warnings before severe action is taken. I know I have been told by volt and others via PM when they feel I crossed the line. I usually abide by their warning and do not pursue the matter publically anymore. I believe that is the reason I have not been banned from here even for a day. I have been warned and respected that warning.

I live by the rules here and as long as I want to post I will respect the rules..... I can try to change the rules but as long as the rules are in place... I will abide by them

Edited by hftmrock

some people don't call the :filtered: burger they just got served a filet mignon, like many do.

I dont believe anyone here calls a :filtered: burger a filet mignon...

Some people quietly call the manager and tell them about the :filtered: burger in a dignfied manner and some people call the newspapers and stamp and complain until they turn blue in the face.

both might get a filet mignon but the one that quietly called the manager might not get his spit on...