Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Keyboard replacement in a Sony laptop

Anybody ever replace the keyboard on a Sony Vaio laptop? Mine has a stuck key. You can tap it several times and it will be ok for a few minutes then it is stuck again. Nothing has been spilled on the keyboard so there is no reason for it to be stuck. I have thought of replacing the keyboard myself if I can get it out. Looking directly at the front of the keyboard..just below the spacebar, there is a tab in the center and one on both ends. They press in to release the front of the keyboard. The two ends release easy...but the middle seems like there is still something holding it. (plugged in ..maybe) I don't know....don't want to break anything. Anybody know how it's done or can point me to some directions somewhere? It's a VGN-A270 series.

Thanks wholo5, I already have that but there's nothing in that about replacing the keyboard. At least you found that. I went to Sony site and nothing showed up when I typed in my modle number! Imagine that! :P

you might need something like this

Sony doesn't seem to like to give out info for DIY users :crash:

Humm, Bonzai, that site is no longer up. Says they had to take it down because the spiders were eating up the bandwidth. Anyway, looks like I got what I need from Radio's link. Thanks anyway for your time.