Change Mode

help installing with xp?

Make sure XP is already installed first. Then you have two options for how you share the disk space.

1) use partition magic to clear an unformatted space prior to installation, Suse will automatically choose that area to install itself.

2) skip the space clearing and let suse resize the partitions for you.

I recommend number 1 because you select exactly how much space you want Suse to use beforehand. Just make sure you NEVER use partition magic to change your partitions again as long as linux is installed. You WILL destroy your install by doing so.

the best advice i can give is to make a partition just for suse, when you get to that part in the installation choose the partition you created :)

or install it on a seperate hard drive.

well yes, you will see it, i believe you select custom partition then choose the one you created, just search for a partition thats equal to the one you created if you dont understand the drive letters, i think once you choose the partition you want to use it as entire, this will install suse on that partition.

after click what theme i wanted it took me too installation settings.

than i click partition and i click 1:ide my hdd than i choose 4: my partition that i made.

than it create the stuff for it