Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest alan swadling

License Key Problem (alan swadling)

Guest alan swadling

I have entered my License Key No. that was advised on the confirmation of completed order for PC Pitstop Optimize and it keeps getting rejected as incorrect License Key. My order number is 3368040513. Please advise what to do.

Thank you for contacting PC Pitstop.

I'm sorry but I do not have a record of an order from the name you provided. Your order number indicates that you purchased the product from Computer Associates. You should check with them at the link below for licensing issues.

http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry11?...=10107&pn=1 or call 877-694-8509.

Specifically, use your email address and the last five digits of your credit card to do a lookup here:

http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry11?...343&pn=1#q2

But before doing that, please try this. Leave the username and email blank for now. Place the cursor immediately to the right of the license key printed in the original email from CA. No space at all. Hold down the left mouse button and then slowly move the cursor to the left until the license key, and only the license key, is highlighted. Release the mouse button. At the keyboard, with the key still highlighted, hold down the 'control' key and then hit the letter 'c'. Release the 'control' key.

Now open the Optimize program, run it to the license screen, put the cursor in the box where the license key goes and hold down the 'control' key and hit the letter 'v'. Release the control key. If there is now a space between the cursor and the last character hit the backspace key one time, then hit the 'register' button. If a web page opens asking for more information, you can either enter your information at this time, or just click the "X" in the upper right corner to close the page. Then hit 'next'.