Change Mode

Thanks -- hopefully this one will turn out fine and I'm definetly getting another as soon as I find the design I want....well I know what I want but have to put it together as 1 image and I can't draw :)

I could help you compile the images together through photoshop (if you have the images accessible on computer) if you'd like.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, a "shock" or "lightningbolt" symbol could be construed as white power. I'm in no way saying it's anything other than what you got it for, But.... I personaly have over 50 on my arms, chest, back and upper & lower legs. I don't regret any of them because for the most part, they commemorate key points (or ages), in my life. Of course i DO have a few that i wish i could have removed. You have to consider that later in life, what you thought was cool may no longer BE cool. You also have to worry about employers (and prospective employers) and what they might think. Stay away from the backs of your hands, your neck and Defitnitly!!!!!!! your face. :beer: To your first tattoo!

HaHa, I'm 60. You wouldn't want to be with any of the people I hang around with. Shoulder hair is the least of the problems. :rofl2:

I'm pushing 45 and have never woried about back hair, (it's the nose and ear hair thats creeping up on me) :blushing: Oh, and the wild eyebrows :P

Do tatoos still look good when they get stretched? The only tatoo i'd like is a barcode on my neck.

Go to walmart and tell them you'd like to return something and have them scan your neck. Maybe you're worth more than you thought. B)

Do tatoos still look good when they get stretched? The only tatoo i'd like is a barcode on my neck.

Most people who get a barcode as a tattoo are usually criminals.... and i doubt u are one lol.

Edited by strukt

be careful on the barcode thing. make sure you know what it is. I heard of a shop that needed a barcode for a tattoo and nothing was around. They finally found a certain feminine product under the sink in the bathroom.

Guess what barcode this guy is sporting? Tampax. :lol:

I could help you compile the images together through photoshop (if you have the images accessible on computer) if you'd like.

That would be cool. I only have 1 image so far: http://www.metallica.com/ivergence/image/n...tarsticker2.jpg

The rest is just a concept - I wanted to see if its possible to have an eagle perched on top draped in the American Flag. I am guessing the eagle has the be drawn on -- I am not sure how that will look...maybe not too great.

Another thing that I was thinking about getting is the letter "S" symbol that Slipknot uses ... not because of the band but because my first name starts with an "S" and the design looks good - http://www.metal-x.i8.com/images/slipknot_logo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I thought I would bring up this thread to ask a question...

What is a good time to wait before shaving over the area that is tattooed.

It has been 2.5 weeks now - is it safe to shave the inked area?

Why would u want to shave the inked area?

:S but.. yea, for whatever reasons they may be... should be safe to shave the area now.

Just be gentle.

Edited by strukt

As soon as you decide you want to start cultivating a beard on your arm. Seriously don't start shaving the area, you will eventually end up with a beard growing out of your arm :rofl3:

Well, they shaved that area to start off with so now I may have to do it but I was actually going to touch up the ink a little bit while at the same time getting something else that I have so just wanted to know how long to wait :)

TBH I wouldn't touch it, when\if you get it retouched or expand it with more they will deal with it,otherwise just leave it, the more you shave the thicker it comes back which was the previous hint lol. :clap:

the more you shave the thicker it comes back which was the previous hint lol. :clap:

Myth

The part of the hair we style is already dead. The living sections lie below the surface of the scalp. Cutting or shaving the extreme end of the dead section isn't going to have an impact on the parts that are alive. Go forth to shave and trim as much as you like — you will not be affecting the intrinsic nature of your hair.

Edited by hftmrock

Awsome...thanks for clearing things up - I don't want dreadlocks on my arms ...lol

So how did that myth spread - I'm on my PDA so I didn't read the Snopes page...Is it a scare tactic?

I believe it spread because when the hair first grows the end of the hair is thin. when you cut it via razor or scissors it appears thicker because the tip is cut off. Not sure any other reason why the myth grew. actually before I read the snopes article for you today I was not sure myself.

I was told to use baby oil on my tats, I have one that's almost 30 yrs old now and the red and yellow faded,but the black and shading still looks decent

I was told to use baby oil on my tats, I have one that's almost 30 yrs old now and the red and yellow faded,but the black and shading still looks decent

and make sure its covered in the sun or you have suntan lotion. The sun is notorious for fading tats