Change Mode

Some really nice ink here! Strukt I really like the colors in yours. Thats one nice piece of work!

Hammer... great coverup. Thats a hell of a piece and it looks great.

Cool tribal aero. I don't think you got ripped off.. a real black tribal has alot of ink in it in order to make it true black. You may even have to return and get it gone over again just to make sure there are no blowouts in it. To have a true tribal piece look as it should sometimes it takes repeated visits to make it uniform and deep black.

In the tattoo industry cheaper does not indicate better. I only have custom work myself. I have four. Small ones on each shoulder ( a tribal butterfly, and a celtic cross) One around my navel (a ring of morning glories with a fairy holding the ends of the vines together) and one fairly large lower back piece that is morning glories with a big iris in the center. None of mine are visible unless I want them to be seen.

I personally could not walk in and just pick out something from the flash (pages of choices to pick from) and it mean nothing to me however Flash is usually a tattoo artists bread and butter so to speak to make steady cash.

I prefer to have mine custom drawn and for them to have a meaning to me.... but to each their own in that department. My best friend is a tattoo artist and I have worked in his shop off and on for years. he says it is an honor that a part of him will be with that person always.

judgemental people can jump off a cliff far as I am concerned. I don't give two shizolas whether they like my tats or not. And no I will never regret mine. later in life my grandkids will think grannie is hella cool with her ink.

Its a personal choice and afterall it is your body to do with what you wish. I have friends completely sleeved out on each arm and most of their bodies covered and I find them far more appealing than people who have a stick up their butt about it.

If you base liking or hating somebody by their outer shell instead of who they are inside I figure you aren't worth knowing anyway. ;)

Nice ink guys... :rocks:

thats a helluva post tracylynn you rock girl :rocks:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool tribal aero. I don't think you got ripped off.. a real black tribal has alot of ink in it in order to make it true black. You may even have to return and get it gone over again just to make sure there are no blowouts in it. To have a true tribal piece look as it should sometimes it takes repeated visits to make it uniform and deep black.

Yep yep...I was thinking the same about going over it again to make it real dark and true black but I havent even seen how this one comes out since its not healed yet...it has only began to flake...Hopefully going over it and touching it up is not as expensive as getting it originally but whatever it would cost I dont mind paying to make it look good..

After this is healed, in a few months I plan on getting another tat on my other bicep..I plan on getting 4 total -- 2 designs on the arms (this was the first) and two chains/bracelets on both arms...but for now I ll just stick to putting Neosporin on the existing one 3-4 times daily and then start thinking about getting others later. Like they say..once you get 1 tat it becomes addictive :mrgreen:

Edited by aeroman10

I have no clue what you are trying to say. TX, NY, staying home, getting another shock symbol ... WTH?? :hammer::lol:

I hope this will help a bit more.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagen:Flag_Schutzstaffel.gif

I didnt wanted to get into this but this is what first did come to my mind.

No offense intended of course.

Your a skinhead from TX

If you stay in TX you can put the 2nd symbol up there no problem

NY=Jews and others all around.

Imagine yourself walking on Williamsburgs streets.Wouldnt make it home from the subway in The Bronx either.

This is the problem with the symbols.Someone will see some other meaning out of it.

Your a skinhead from TX

Imagine yourself walking on Williamsburgs streets.Wouldnt make it home from the subway in The Bronx either.

This is the problem with the symbols.Someone will see some other meaning out of it.

Same with confederate flag. You will be called a racist, white supremacist or a supporter of slavery. It's just a different culture. I have probobly seen one or two confederate flags on cars but down south they're everywhere. Cultures vary widely.

Edited by The Dude

Your a skinhead from TX

Haha..thats hillarious :clap:

Doesnt it look more like this: http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview...igh_voltage.jpg and this: http://www.oakland.edu/org/wxou/high_voltage_small.gif

The all too comon "Beware of Electricity / High Voltage" symbol that you can find on the side of each house or business? More info for you here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage

So I guess if everyone viewed this symbol the way you did there would be tons of complaints and lawsuits because contractors and electricians are putting up SS signs all over peoples houses? :lol::mrgreen:

By the way, I am not at all religious, dont believe in that but I am not racist and my family comes from a Jewish background so if this symbol was leaning toward resembling the Nazi SS I would never get it but if you make a list of the meanings of this sign the SS would be last for many reason ... there are 2 SS's ... there is no arrow ... etc...

Now some other meanings of this symbol or places where it came from could include -- part of the pentagram -- the devils tail :)

Oh..and trust me..nothing at all would happen to me if I went to NY, the synagogue or any other place while displaying this sign. I ve been to NY City and other places where I wore the Manson shirt that only had the symbol on it (no mention of the band) and nobody said a word to me, nobody gave a crap ... most people have other understanding and view of the sign and most dont go around thinking of the Nazis

So beware .... of high voltage :rofl2:

Posted Image

Edited by aeroman10

Same with confederate flag. You will be called a racist, white supremacist or a supporter of slavery. It's just a different culture. I have probobly seen one or two confederate flags on cars but down south they're everywhere. Cultures vary widely.

Being from the south I can't say they fly them(Conf. flag) high!!!!! In Arkansas they fly more than the American flag and they mean them in a racist way let me tell ya!!!!!!!! In Arkansas they send out racist bulk mail...I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what a "church" sent out to everyone!

Being from the south I can't say they fly them(Conf. flag) high!!!!! In Arkansas they fly more than the American flag and they mean them in a racist way let me tell ya!!!!!!!! In Arkansas they send out racist bulk mail...I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what a "church" sent out to everyone!

Well, my main point is that in the south Confederate flags are flown and are on the front license plates of cars. I think it has more to do with southern pride but around here people would rip it off or take your flag down and tear it up calling you a racist, slavery supporting [email protected]#!........you get the picture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_Flags

Personally, I strongly dislike the Confederate flag and what it stands for. Others would strongly disagree with me.

Dude I think you will find a racist hiding behind the Southern Heritage Pride thing in almost every case.

The civil war may have been over for a hundred and forty years but here in the South equal rights have only been around for forth years.

I remember when I first moved down here as a kid there was a water fountain in a Department Store with a nozzle on each side and sign above it "White - Colored".

Change is slow, I guess one reason may be that if they abandon racism that they grew up with it would force them to think that their family members had been wrong and it's easier for them to keep the belief than to view their loved ones in a less favorable light. Thats my two cents worth.

No need for apologies. I love ink, I could discuss it all day and compare pics and so forth. Just hate to see this thread sidetracked with all this southerners are racist garbage.

I love tattoos. Live and let live. Amen. :wub:

TracyLynn - you seem very knowledgable about tattoos so I have a few questions for you.

I read that peeling is the normal healing process - what about if the skin looks scaly and chapped? I am putting on neosporin about 4 times per day as recommended by the artist ... I am making sure just to put a small amount to make the tattoo moist, shiny and keep it from being dry. What should I expect when the skin peels? Will it be as dark as when it was brand new or will I have to get a second layer and how long should I wait before doing that?

Now some other questions..once the tattoo heals is it safe to use lotions and creams on top of it?

Aeroman10 - Put it on more then 4 times daily, if your tattoo or skin gets itchy, dry, flaky or scaly and chapped, apply it.

I use stuff called "Tattoo Goo" I get it at the tattoo shop where i get my tattoos, its better then neosporin (or polysporin) and keeps the color in longer/makes it more vibrant in the long run... not to mention it smells a-ok.

I would wait around 1-2 weeks before giving ur tattoo a good scrub down... by then it will be healed and u can wash it with warm water and soap, it wont hurt to scrub it a little bit to get that excess skin off.

The tattoo that I got on my arm was just solid black.. and I got it sometime in January, its still really dark black. He only did it once, i never went back to get it filled in darker.

It should be safe to use lotions and creams ontop of it... although some of those might fade the tattoo later on, and its recommended that you use SPF 30+ (sunblock) on your tattoo in the sun.

Edited by strukt

I personally only use A & D ointment and tattoo goo is also great. I was always told to avoid neosporin however this seems to be an argument that differs between artists. I only use the A & D the first two days and it should be a very very thin coating applied very sparingly. Make sure that you let your skin and tattoo be very dry after showering before applying it. And when showering only use your hands to clean it don't rub it with a washcloth or scrub it in anyway.

After two days I stop the ointment and I apply a fragrance free lotion (Curel is a good one) on it several times a day so it does not get too dried out for at least a couple of weeks. Again I stress make sure the tattoo is not moist from the shower you can trap moisture in it causing it to scab badly and you lose color.

I agree too once it heals if you are out in the sun alot apply a sunscreen because the sun and tanning beds do fade tattoos prematurely.

Thanks for the advise strukt.

Do you think that once a tat heals that it would be safe to use medical creams on it? I got some red dots/bumps on my upper arms that have been there forever and I never cared but now wanna get rid of them so I am going to the doctor toomorrow...if he gives something I wiill obviously use it on my left arm only for now.

all artists differ. I never heard of the saran wrap thing. thats a new one for me. So I don't know how to advise you on that. I've got four tattoos, one done at another shop. My son has four tattoos one done at another shop. Neither of them advised neosporin or saran wrap. Maybe I'm out of the loop.

Any of you other folks had to wrap yours in saran wrap while showering?

Edit:

I googled this. And found these responses....

Question

I just had an arm tattoo done yesterday (4/15) and the artist recommended that I saran-wrap the tattoo when i sleep for three nights. He recommended A&D ointment, but said Neosporin was alright. In the morning, the area around the design was red, so I washed it, put on a thin layer of Neosporin, and wore a clean t-shirt. By noon, I see not little red bumps (as someone asked in another question to you) but large ones that blend together, making the whole area seem red around the tattoo. Could I be also having a neosporin allergy? A friend told me that since my tattoo itself is not raised, I probably don't have an ink allergy.

I have just now switched to A&D and I don't know what will happen next, but from reading your other answer, should I wipe everything off and leave it dry? I thought that one was to keep the tattoo moist.

Lastly, my tattoo keeps weeping brownish-liquid. When should I expect this to stop? I am sort of a slow healer though

Answer

Firstly, NEVER use saran-wrap on a tattoo. You have been cooking your new design. Also, the saran wrap is holding in bacteria. You are definitely having a allergic reaction to the neosporin - neosporin should NEVER be used on a tattoo for any reason. Please visit our FAQ page for proper care instructions www.ubtat2d.com/faq.html

Let your tattoo just dry out, do not use any ointment as it will only further irritate your skin.

http://experts.about.com/q/Tattoos-3028/Ink-allergy.htm

Personally I would think it would slow the healing process of the tattoo. I've always used the A & D ointment two days very sparingly. When in the shower I left it alone the first few days and patted it dry.. later as it healed I used dial antibacterial soap and gently washed the area with my hand. And I never used neosporin. Used the fragrance free lotion a few weeks to keep it from being totally dry and had great success with all my tats. Use your own judgement but that saran wrap is a new one and from what I read I wouldn't advise it!

Edited by TracyLynn

In those replies you found the people kept the saran wrap on their arm overnight ...ofcourse the wounded skin can't breathe and can't heal. I only wrap it for a few minutes to keep it dry.

About neosporin..the artist said that you can use that or A&D but that neosporin is prefered if you aren't alergic to it..the only reason why its not widely recommended is because some ppl are alergic to it but I have used it in the past with no adverse reactions. The guy who tattoed me has been running the shop for 27+ years

I honestly dont think it matters how long uve been running a shop, and it also doesnt mean your tattoos are going to be good. You might know stuff about running the shop, but with the new tattoo stuff out (creams etc) he might not be up to date, ive been told that neosporin and polysporin isnt the best and it doesnt help with the color much at all.... but it IS fine to use it. Maybe it seems hes a little out dated on tattoo care? I know that the whole saran wrap in the shower thing probably isnt the best idea.

From my experiences getting tattoos, they only wrap the tattoo in saran wrap for the first 2-4 hours, then you take it off and clean it in water with antibacterial soap (i use dial antibacterial aswell), dry it with a clean towel and apply whatever u are using to keep it moisturized.

Ive been told that you should just shower normally, dont scrub the tattoo with any washcloth or anything of that sorts. Dont submurge it in water, otherwise.... dont have a bath.

Edited by strukt

Well I don't know about the artist that runs the shop but his son and alll the other artists who work there give the same instructions about the aftercare and you would think that if their advise was wrong people would complain and would not return but instead its the most popular place in town. Plus I saw all the certificates on the wall about completing the yearly tattoo training conventions so you would think they are up to date. Oh well..I am just gonna do what they say and see what happens. I doubt they would sabotage their work and livelyhood by giving bad aftercare info.

I am taking all your advice into consideration.

Thanks

Edited by aeroman10

I was just giving sujjestions, personally its what I do with my tattoos and they have turned out great.

Do what you feel is right, I do what I've mentioned and never had a problem. I was trying to give you advise on how to keep your tattoo looking good for a long time, you dont want to pay that kind of money to have something on your body and it fade due to poor aftercare.

Hopefully you find something that works in your best interest.

Good luck, btw.. keep me updated on the tattoo situation and let me know (WITH PICS!) :) if you get any new ones.

Thanks -- hopefully this one will turn out fine and I'm definetly getting another as soon as I find the design I want....well I know what I want but have to put it together as 1 image and I can't draw :)