Sign in to follow this  
folsomg10

Windows Security Center Antivirus Overide?

I run what is called Spybot search and Destroy (Spybot S&D) every once and awhile, and this keeps coming up. Can anyone tell me if this has anything to with PCPitstops execution? Again, it is Windows Security Center Antivirus Overide. If so, should I leave it alone, or have S&D fix the problem?

Check to see if you have the Security Center set to not notify you if the antivirus is out of date or not detected. Spybot checks the notification settings and reports them if they are other than default in case they were changed by malware instead of the user.

You can probably set Spybot to ignore that finding, if I recall correctly, provided that is how you want the Secuirty Center notifications set.

Check to see if you have the Security Center set to not notify you if the antivirus is out of date or not detected. Spybot checks the notification settings and reports them if they are other than default in case they were changed by malware instead of the user.

You can probably set Spybot to ignore that finding, if I recall correctly, provided that is how you want the Secuirty Center notifications set.

Yes, I have elected to turn off Windows Antivirus, and use my own antivirus Software. This must be what it is detecting. Thanks again!!!