Jump to content

Change Mode

I have a odd question


hydrotaoist
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is it possible for one person to be shocked by something and the other can't if you both have the same exact ground?

 

Several times in my life I have been shocked by things when no one else could. I even have them take off their shoes. When I take mine off I get shocked more and they still don't feel a thing.

 

Their was a flag pole that if I touched it shocked me. I constant volt going thru my fingers so strong I could BARELY keep my hand on it. But when I ask others to touch it they don't feel anything.

 

I even closed my eyes and I had my friends lay my hand on something else then the actual object because it was so funky that I thought it was in my head.

 

It happened again with my friends washer. He told me to turn it on and it was shocking me so bad I couldn't turn it on. He turned it on and didn't feel anything. He then told me some people have more electricity(sp?)

flowin thru them. It sounds like a load of crap off that movie "Powder" but hey in a way it makes sense.

 

Ever hear of this problem?

 

Maybe I should stop eating nails :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Electricity follows the path of least resistance. The human body has a lot of resistance in it. If you send current through peoples bodies in a chain it's voltage will drop severely with each person it passes through. Maybe you have more iron in your bones or something. :P

Edited by The Dude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know Bill Gates votes Republican right BB? I thought you were the smart one, and didn't align yourself with the wacko dumbocrats & republicant's in the government.

Edited by brandon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i shall slice out his tongue after i take his money and a beer.

 

Yeah, I bet he doesn't use it much.... :shifty:

 

I'll take his money, buy beer at wholesale, get a liquor license, and then sell that beer at inflated prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive tried touching what shocked me and touched others because ive heard that the person on the end of the chain felt it more. When I touch the person I feel less shock but they dont feel a thing.

 

I tried to google it but have no clue what to put in for a question like that.

 

The thing is some of the objects shouldn't shock me. The flag pole was drilled into a wooden house. If it hit a wire EVERYONE would feel it so its not hittin anything. Just don't make any sense.

 

If its a wide surface I can place one finger then place the rest and I can feel the volt divide itself among my fingers. In other words the shock is less but now spread out among all my fingers. So its got to be real?

 

I dont get shocked when I touch electrical cords of any other kind of hardware. However I have taken out a video card and memory by zappin the memory one way or another. Even tho I don't believe I touched the memory. PLUS I had on a ground strap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so anyway to get back on topic... if you have already felt the shock then the electricity has already passed through you, so when your friend would touch it then he would not feel the shock because the object already had a neutral charge.

 

Edit: just saw the post you posted just before mine. So you feel the charge all the time, not just once? thats strange, maybe you just have a "charged personality" (ok so it was pretty bad) But yea... i have no idea why you would be feeling all these extra things

Edited by charginchuck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No this is a CONSTANT volt. I can touch it any time of the day, rain or shine. It don't matter if they touch it over 30 times I come over and feel it.

 

If its light(something I cant handle) it will run about from my knuckles to my wrist. Ive had it go all the way up to my elbow. A constant feel of volt going thru me. Not a single pop like static. If it runs up to my elbow I can't keep it on long because it hurts too bad at the point of contact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They say the skin's electrical conductivity can vary during the course of the day. I believe it has to do with salt and grease on the skin. At least that's what my dad told me.

 

But then, if it's a constant voltage, and you can feel it through a good part of your body, it must be enough current, and enough amperage to be slightly painful. I don't know why the other guy claims he can't feel it. Maybe he's BSing you. Have him lick his finger and stick it on the area you got shocked and see if he feels it. :P

Edited by brandon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't tried the lick finger. Thinkin back its stupid of me NOT to try that. I would think they are BSing but this has happend to me all my life.

 

So I seriously doubt ALL those people are BSing me. Ill just keep googlin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hydrotaoist,

 

It happens to me all the time too.

 

Some years ago, I was working in a retail store and when I walked across the carpet to the cash register, I could stand about 2 feet away from it and point my finger at the receipt printer and you could see the arc of electricity shoot through the air and hit the printer and it would start printing. I didn't even have to touch the thing. No one else could do it.

 

I get shocked whenever I am near metal. Getting in my car, at the grocery store when I reach for something on the shelf. I'm constantly getting strange looks from people because I'm always saying "ouch" everytime I touch something. :blink:

 

I have no idea why it happens. :pullhair:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be worried ....?

 

you might be one of these rare people that spontaneously combust in your sleep .........

 

apparently they are usually good human conductors .....

 

never close your eyes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get shocked whenever I am near metal. Getting in my car, at the grocery store when I reach for something on the shelf. I'm constantly getting strange looks from people because I'm always saying "ouch" everytime I touch something

Me too! :blink:

 

I used to be able to ruin a TV Show by walking in front of the TV....squiggly lines and contrast snow :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could tie a length of furnace chain ( you know-- the chain that was on the wall, next to the heat register-- used to open and close the little door on the front of the ash door, to regulate the air into the firebox) to some appendage protruding from your body, allowing it to fall down a pantleg and drag on the ground-- this will keep you from overcharging and feel much more grounded.

 

:rolleyes:B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...