Change Mode

Hail

The Dude

Storms getting nasty.............should be loosing power shortly :lol:

flickered here a few times. one of 'em even shut the tv and computer off for a split second....'puter came right back up on its own, had to turn on the tv. :blink:

first round of storms has passed and temp has dropped from 91 about an hour and a half ago to 72 now! :clap:

:beer:

Only my dad's truck was parked in the driveway during the hail. It didn't do any damage to it. The hail was about 3/4 inch (19.05 millimeters) in diameter. Maybe about the size of moth balls.

This is what golf ball sized hail does...

golf ball sized hail

Edited by The Dude

The local news channel said today that some people in my area got hail between the size of a golf ball and tennis ball. A lot of people have damaged cars and skylights and such. The hail didn't get as big here thankfully. :thud:

We got hail a few weeks back in Indy. Got $2900.00 worth of damage done to hubby's truck. They did the paint less removal of the dents and replace the windshield on it.

Insurance adjuster called yesterday and we will be getting a check to fix the house. $13,000.00 worth of damage!!

I knew it caused damage to the house roof, siding, shutters and windows. Along with roof of 2 out building we have, didn't realize it was that much though!

I was at work and there wasn't any hail in town. People have said this hail had spikes formed on it. :blink:

We got hail a few weeks back in Indy. Got $2900.00 worth of damage done to hubby's truck. They did the paint less removal of the dents and replace the windshield on it.

Insurance adjuster called yesterday and we will be getting a check to fix the house. $13,000.00 worth of damage!!

I knew it caused damage to the house roof, siding, shutters and windows. Along with roof of 2 out building we have, didn't realize it was that much though!

I was at work and there wasn't any hail in town. People have said this hail had spikes formed on it. :blink:

Not all hail is round and smooth :P most bigger ones are just made up of a crapload of smaller pieces of hail, and it has pieces sticking out etc.

We got that storm Duanester must have had. We usually don't get really bad storms here in Golf Manor, but any one where the wind gets high can be deadly for us. We have two dying trees in our front yard that can easily come crashing down onto our house, killing or injuring all of us, and we have a huge maybe 60-70ft tall oak tree in the back.

A large branch fell off the oak tree and put a huge hole in our roof.