Change Mode

Two computers one mouse and keyboard

Use one keyboard and mouse with two computers, no need for KVM switches.

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).

Redirecting the mouse and keyboard is as simple as moving the mouse off the edge of your screen. Synergy also merges the clipboards of all the systems into one, allowing cut-and-paste between systems. Furthermore, it synchronizes screen savers so they all start and stop together and, if screen locking is enabled, only one screen requires a password to unlock them all. Learn more about how it works.

Works with

# Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me (the Windows 95 family)

# Microsoft Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP (the Windows NT family)

# Mac OS X 10.2 or higher

# Unix

#Linux

Edited by Bruce

Hi...

Sounds like a GR8 prog', I've downloaded it ready for when I get my second PC...

:)

Edited by El Tel
  • 4 years later...

Hi Bruce

First I think your new Avatar is wicked, I've watched Walter many times on uTube he is brilliant along with Akmid :rofl2:

Right yesterday I was given a PC with Windows XP Home Addition, the reason it was up for grabs was the Hard Drive was naff. He told me he just swapped the Hard Drive with one that he was given. I told him it wouldn't work, but he made me a lier because he said he got it up and running and we left it that...

Now I saved it from the BIN as he went out a brought a new one. His reason he Say's it just keeps going dead as though it was switched off & then Re-Starts. Hence I've got it & yes it does exactly what he says; but I'm sure that can be fixed and I'll start a new topic for that...

Back to this Synergy...

Woo Hoo.. It is wicked, I'll agree it is fiddly to set up; but well worth the effort... Until this second PC Re-Boots :laughing:

Thanks for the share

Regards

El Tel

Edit

Typos

Edited by El Tel