Sign in to follow this  
Guest J Sousa

New Optimise problems

Guest J Sousa

Hi

After I installed the new version of Optimise 1.5 I lost the spelling and grammar checking ability on MS word

What do i do

:wp:

What you are describing is usually a result of the effected program having installed critical files into temporary folders during its initial installation. One of the most common causes is from installing software while not in an administrator account, or an account with the necessary privileges.

1) Insert your Office disk into the CDROM and see if it offers to repair your Word installation.

2) Open the Optimize program again and put a dot by 'restore system settings' and then run the program again to undo the changes Optimize made to your system. If that fails to correct the problem, go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and restore your computer to the first restore point before Optimize was installed.

3) Our software comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, just let us know and your money will be refunded.

Guest J Sousa

:wp:

What you are describing is usually a result of the effected program having installed critical files into temporary folders during its initial installation. One of the most common causes is from installing software while not in an administrator account, or an account with the necessary privileges.

1) Insert your Office disk into the CDROM and see if it offers to repair your Word installation.

2) Open the Optimize program again and put a dot by 'restore system settings' and then run the program again to undo the changes Optimize made to your system. If that fails to correct the problem, go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore and restore your computer to the first restore point before Optimize was installed.

3) Our software comes with a 30-day 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, just let us know and your money will be refunded.

did as suggested (system restore)

tried to install the program again on MY laptop with the same problem again

There was no problem with the earlier programme (1.0 version)

I installed the new program by using the 'run' method rather than downloading it - will it make a difference

It shouldn't make a difference, but it certainly can't hurt anything to try first saving the file and then installing once it's saved.

Let me know if you'd rather roll back to 1.0. I will link you to a copy.

Also, we would like to have a look at your log file from C:\>Program FIles>PC Pitstop>Optimize>optimize_log.txt. If you are interested in sending that to us you can send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the address to send it to, or you can register as a member and I can just send the email address to your member account via PM.