Change Mode

Forum Wars Chat

OK guys, heres the delima....

EVGA has manufactured a new series of 7900GT's with different memory....

They are shipping them out either Thursday or Friday, but are using overnight shipping....

If I recieve the new card Monday, can I tweak it all day, and post my final upgraded score late that night? I am eastern time, so I would need to know what the latest time I could post would be, I won't have much time at all to tweak, but I am pretty sure I can get some damn good numbers posted. I am really sorry to cut it so close on you guys, but it was beyond my control. Thanks

Just post it stock for now. You have until August to tweak it, but only until Midnight of the 10th to get a score posted with the new hardware.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just post it stock for now. You have until August to tweak it, but only until Midnight of the 10th to get a score posted with the new hardware.

why is that, isn't the 10th, the final harwdware.

I_G I'm confused :unsure::lol: , would you explain exactly how FW works, please :)

thanks, and for now, rock 'n' roll baby :ax::banana::banana2::P

exactly I_G . :tup:

just get a score up & Posted with whatever hardware is going to be used for the WAR ... the scores can be tweaked and updated thru out the WAR

these scores, right now, do we give our best scores or what

why is that, isn't the 10th, the final harwdware.

I_G I'm confused :unsure::lol: , would you explain exactly how FW works, please :)

thanks, and for now, rock 'n' roll baby :ax::banana::banana2::P

Agentsmith said he may not recieve the card till Monday ( the 10th )and I_G suggested instead of working on a good score to post . just make sure to get a score posted ...... then we have the duration of the WAR to improve the scores ........ make sense ;)

why take a chance of missing the deadline if something goes wrong

Agentsmith said he may not recieve the card till Monday ( the 10th )and I_G suggested instead of working on a good score to post . just make sure to get a score posted ...... then we have the duration of the WAR to improve the scores ........ make sense ;)

why take a chance of missing the deadline if something goes wrong

The problem Flew, is that as of right now I only have one card, I won't have two for SLI until that second card comes..... That's why I was saying I may have a last minute post.....

I talked to Jacob Freeman from EVGA, I explained my situation with the Wars, and that there were people counting on me, and he bumped me up in the RMA process, I should have the card by tomorrow, or Friday at the very latest, so I can post as soon as I get it in......

Then I will start tweaking.....

Edited by Agent Smith

The problem Flew, is that as of right now I only have one card, I won't have two for SLI until that second card comes..... That's why I was saying I may have a last minute post.....

I talked to Jacob Freeman from EVGA, I explained my situation with the Wars, and that there were people counting on me, and he bumped me up in the RMA process, I should have the card by tomorrow, or Friday at the very latest, so I can post as soon as I get it in......

hey if you selected cross-shipping, how come they ask me to ship my card first :nono:

they should ship their first. :mrsgreen:

I understood what you were sayin . i was just tryin to help MIGGSY see the light .

i hope you get a good one Bud ...... you to Miggs

hey if you selected cross-shipping, how come they ask me to ship my card first :nono:

they should ship their first. :mrsgreen:

What do you mean by that, they sent you a email containing the RMA# and shipping address, if so, thats what goes on the box you'r going to send once you receive your card. when I made my crosshping, I recived the email, but 2 days later or so they sent me the card and then I sent mine.

What do you mean by that, they sent you a email containing the RMA# and shipping address, if so, thats what goes on the box you'r going to send once you receive your card. when I made my crosshping, I recived the email, but 2 days later or so they sent me the card and then I sent mine.

I C I C, :blink: lol :P , Luis the future of evga :mrgreen: .

all I was not sure is do I send my card first, or I send mine first. I got my answer, but thanks for the capture. :wub: . Hope they send it tomorow, I called them, they say they have to ETA, maybe tomorrow, or friday.

Will keep ya informed, cya around

I got a slight prob guys, as I hear I'm supposed to post bench scores of the hardware I will be using.

Now my prob is I want to use my evga 7900GT Superclocked KO ver, its under RMA, I have a 7800GT right now, which I don't wanna use.

What am I supposed to do. Please somebody help me out, or should I underclock the superclocked, make it stable and post scores of that, coz' I also hear that we have time till August to tweak as much as we want.

What do you guys suggest I do. :)

I got a slight prob guys, as I hear I'm supposed to post bench scores of the hardware I will be using.

Now my prob is I want to use my evga 7900GT Superclocked KO ver, its under RMA, I have a 7800GT right now, which I don't wanna use.

What am I supposed to do. Please somebody help me out, or should I underclock the superclocked, make it stable and post scores of that, coz' I also hear that we have time till August to tweak as much as we want.

What do you guys suggest I do. :)

I'd say run the 7900 underclocked. I don't think an RMA would be considered an upgrade since it's the same make and model of hardware. Even if you get a crappy score you can post a better one when the replacement card gets there. JMO

I'd say run the 7900 underclocked. I don't think an RMA would be considered an upgrade since it's the same make and model of hardware. Even if you get a crappy score you can post a better one when the replacement card gets there. JMO

did you read Luis's post tarawa. Evga has replacement cards. I found for the one I have, they said they have replacement for that to, they are just testing the higher clocked cards e.g. 7900gt SC.

so I think I will underclock the card, and post some scores, send the old card, get the new one, and clock the hell out of it b4 it dies again.

cya :adios:

Migs, I believe that all Canadians will recieve 2 day UPS..... you will still recieve cross-shipping, as long as you have verified a credit card with them....

You can do the cwhole CC thing from their website now, instead of having to submitt a form.

I think EVGA has been great man.... it was NOT their fault that these cards were failing, but they did all they could to help everyone, and I gotta say, if I would of went with XFX, or someone else, I probably would of went crazy a long time ago.....

Evga's Customer service is one of a kind, am I right agent?

yeah that is for sure, even when I was banging my head against the wall, trying to figure out why this was happening, I just couldn't stay mad at them...

All of those guys really have had their hands full, and have really been workin some long days trying to get this sorted out. I am sure that EVGA just barely broke evn on these cards....

I bet they have spent several thousands of dollars between overnight shipments, repeatedly dead cards, and manufacturing new cards......