Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chemexhants

New User - Problems Since Installing

Since installing Optimise I have the following system problems:-

Keep losing the internet connection;

Losing icons on the Notification panel (using XP). At system boot the icons are where they should be, but after sometime they disappear;

Norton Internet Security constantly reports that it has 'Created Rules for Microsoft Generic Process for Win32 Services'. Norton say the problem is not of their making.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Stephen

:wp:

Thank you for contacting PC Pitstop.

Were you in an administrator account when you ran/installed Optimize?

In order for us to better analyze what went wrong, can you please email us, as an attachment, the logfile found at My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>Optimize>optimize_log.txt?

If you decide to send a log, I have sent you an address via PM

To fix the problem, open the Optimize program and put a dot by 'restore system settings' and run the program again to undo the changes Optimize made to your computer. If that fails to remedy the situation, a Winows System Restore may be in order.

A more permanent fix would be to uninstall the Norton product, install Optimize, and then reinstall the Norton product and see if that helps. There have been a few reported issues of conflicts with a few different Norton products.

Refunds are available for the first 30 days for any reason. Just let us know through our Customer Service Desk: http://pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

If you elect to get a refund go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>Optimize>uninstall PC Pitstop Optimize and run the uninstaller, as well.