Sign in to follow this  
folsomg10

Optimize removed all of my Security updates,

I just wiped my computer clean because Optimize was removing critical files from my registry, namely TypeLib's. Since I paid for the Optimizer, I thought I'd give it one more shot. I just got through downloading all of Microsoft's updates that had been removed because of my erasing of my hard drive, when the Optimizer went and removed all of the updates that I had just got through downloading, mostly security updates! What am I doing wrong? Please, any suggestions. All I am doing is running the Optimizer on the "Safe" setting. I just don't know..... :unsure:

Without actually being able to get a look at your computer, I would speculate that some things that shouldn't be are getting installed into temporary files.

It may help if you could post a Tech Express link for us to take a look at:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/html/helpfiles/techexphelp.htm

Also, please upgrade to 1.5.8.1 and see if there's a difference. You can download it from here at no charge:

http://pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

And.....

Our software comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Just let us know that you are not satisfied and your money will be returned.

Guest Guest

Without actually being able to get a look at your computer, I would speculate that some things that shouldn't be are getting installed into temporary files.

It may help if you could post a Tech Express link for us to take a look at:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/html/helpfiles/techexphelp.htm

Also, please upgrade to 1.5.8.1 and see if there's a difference. You can download it from here at no charge:

http://pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

And.....

Our software comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Just let us know that you are not satisfied and your money will be returned.

Is the Tech Express link that I see below my New Mexico Flag not the correct one?

Is the Tech Express link that I see below my New Mexico Flag not the correct one?

That would be the one... :blushing:

Hey, any chance that you are not in an administrator account when installing these items? Your log shows a high number of "unable to create registry key" entries being removed, which occur when the user account does not have the necessary permissions.

Guest Guest

That would be the one... :blushing:

Hey, any chance that you are not in an administrator account when installing these items? Your log shows a high number of "unable to create registry key" entries being removed, which occur when the user account does not have the necessary permissions.

Yes, lately I have been running it with the limited account (w/Power User setup). I originally downloaded Optimizer with my Administrator acct.. 9 times out of ten I am using the Limited acct.. Are you saying it would be better if I quit running it w/ the Limited acct., and only run it w/ the Adminstrator acct? I do not have a problem with doing this... Is there a way I can spot entries, that Optimizer wants to remove, that probably shouldn't be removed? Or should I just put more trust in it working correctly? (assuming I always run it w/ the Administrator acct.). :shifty:

I would suggest running in an Admin account when actually installing or running anything that needs to access the registry. Not only can Optimize not make the regedits it wants to, but it could be some of the things it is deleting that is causing problems may have ended up in a temporary folder due to not having the necessary permissions to be installed permanently in the first place.

That's about as clear as mud. :rolleyes: Let me see if I can get our engineer involved in this answer.

Hello, I am a Software Engineer with PC Pitstop.

I am in the process of testing and duplication your situation. From your log file it appears that since you were running as a limited user, Optimize could not create certain registry variable, but could for others. I believe the inconsistency caused an error for you. Once I figure out exactly what happened we are going to address the issue with a bug fix, but I am still in the process of determining exactly what the entails.

In the mean time, please make sure you are an Administrator when running Optimize. It will make sure that you have full access to the system registry.

Plese let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

I would suggest running in an Admin account when actually installing or running anything that needs to access the registry. Not only can Optimize not make the regedits it wants to, but it could be some of the things it is deleting that is causing problems may have ended up in a temporary folder due to not having the necessary permissions to be installed permanently in the first place.

That's about as clear as mud. :rolleyes: Let me see if I can get our engineer involved in this answer.

Ya, that seems logical, sorry, I'm new :blushing: , O, by the way, I am running the latest version...

Thanks for your help doug!!! You the Man!