Sign in to follow this  
themig

2 month free trial for xbox live

Anyone have a 2 month free trial code I can use to try out xbox live? My cousin is here vsisiting and he brought his xbox with him so we wanted to try xbox live.

Thank You

The Mig :adios:

is it xbox 360? if so i have a 2 day trial you can have.

Update: just check my halo 2 box and i have a 2 month trial for regular xbox.

Edited by N-Forcer

Free trial period?

Are you telling me, that you paid for the hardware, you paid for the games, you pay for an Internet connection, and they want you to pay more to use it? :huh:

Edited by Bruce

you get a xbox live silver account for free when you buy the 360, which gets you software updates and stuff like that. the gold account costs 50 bucks a year and its worth every penny. sony is doing the same thing with the ps3 and nintendo is follwing along with the nintendo arcade. most of you guys pay more than that to play WoW a year.

You couldn't get me to pay a plug nickel to play games that I have already paid for, and hardware that I have already paid for :rofl3: Not a nickel.

If I paid a few hundred bucks for a piece of hardware, and 30-50 bucks for games, and 40 bucks a month for my internet connection, and the someone said you can't use any of it online, I would pack it all back into the box and trott right back to the store where i got it from for a full refund. ;)

well if ya look at it this way people spend a good amount a money on pc's, then get internet hooked up, then buy games in which some you have to pay a monthly rate. so if you buy a 360 for 300, or 400, then a game for 60, and the internet you already have plus xbox live, it still come out to be alot cheaper than the cost of a good gaming computer.

:)

Edited by N-Forcer

If I got a PC game that demanded periodic payments to use it, I would put it back in the shopping bag, trott back to the store where I got it, and get a full refund for it.

If I wanted to rent stuff, I wouldn't be buying it, I would be at a rental store.

like i said, alot of people are paying for online games these days. i read the other day that Blizzard reported that they have over 1 million people paying a monthly service charge of i think 14.99. thats half of what i pay for internet these days. so while there are people who feel the same way you do bruce, there are also alot of people who pay to play.

Oh I know there is a sucker born everyday, it has always been that way. The suckers are just so easily accessible today because of the Internet, gives the scam artists a whole new avenue of getting at them :lol:

i dont know if i would classify people who pay for gaming a sucker. i mean if it was like game companies charging 40 a month to play a game you paid 40 for, then something is wrong. here we are only talking about 50 a year, or 14.99 a month. thats something like $.17 a day for one year. at a price like that i dont see anything wrong with, 15.00 a month isnt so bad, anything like 30 and up a month wouldnt be worth it. then again people are not being forced to pay for these games, they choose to.

...Blizzard reported that they have over 1 million people paying a monthly service charge of i think 14.99

More like 5 million.

I thought Live for 360 was pretty good. They had simple, arcadey games.

I don't play that much now...the selection hasn't been updated since the day I got the unit. :(

the original Xbox Live is only $60 for a starter kit: includes 12 months subscription, headset communicator, and a random(?) Live-enabled game (I got Crimson Skies:Road to Glory in mine). with all the Live games available to play, the small price to maintain the servers is definitely worth it to me.

i dont know if i would classify people who pay for gaming a sucker. i mean if it was like game companies charging 40 a month to play a game you paid 40 for, then something is wrong. here we are only talking about 50 a year, or 14.99 a month. thats something like $.17 a day for one year. at a price like that i dont see anything wrong with, 15.00 a month isnt so bad, anything like 30 and up a month wouldnt be worth it. then again people are not being forced to pay for these games, they choose to.

Ummm $15 a month is $180 a year not 50 :P

$180 plus the original $40 turns that into a $220 game. :surrender:

I may set up a game server, sounds like a good get rich quick scheme. :P

bruce, you'll like this

an alternative to paying for xbox live is using XBConnect

http://www.xbconnect.com/index.php

it basically uses your pc as a 'gateway' to make your xbox believe it's on a local game network, not actually online. you can play w/ anyone else using the service, and there are QUITE a few using it.

it works pretty damn good too, aslong as you have your router setup ok w/ your xbox, lol.

i used to pay for xbox live, but was kinda luaghing at myself when i could get this for free.

I am aware of xbconnect. It has been around for years now.

The xbox hasn't been switched on in months, it just kind of collects dust. :shrug:

Ok well i just wanted to try out, so if anyone could give me the code i could tekk you guys if its good or not, by the way it is for the original xbox.

bruce the 50 a year i was talking about is the cost of live, not the 15 bucks you gotta pay for WoW. you pay 60 for an xbox game, plus say 40 for the internet you have, then 50 or 60 a year for live. still comes out cheaper than buying WoW for 40 then 15 a month.

Edited by N-Forcer

themig, look into xbconnect because it's free and you get to play online.

w/ the original xbox, there really isn't anything special other than online content downloads.

Hey N-f0rcer the 2 month code you gave me was expired does any one else have one? And xbox connect doesnt work cause I dont have a network set up.

does anyone else have one I am dyinh to try xbox live! :pullhair:

My cosuin is leaving in 5 days so I would apreciate it