Sign in to follow this  
CiscoKid

Why Upgrade my Optimizer

I have the Optimizer version 1.0.0.14 and it does a very nice job indeed. So why would ya want to upgrade? :adios: I found the Advertisement in my email.

CiscoKid

:huh:

I have the Optimizer version 1.0.0.14 and it does a very nice job indeed. So why would ya want to upgrade? :adios: I found the Advertisement in my email.

CiscoKid

:huh:

Primarily because 1.5 has a much more sophisticated way of optimizing the internet connection, as well as a few more performance enhancements. If you already own 1.0, 1.5 is a free upgrade:

http://pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Primarily because 1.5 has a much more sophisticated way of optimizing the internet connection, as well as a few more performance enhancements. If you already own 1.0, 1.5 is a free upgrade:

http://pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Perhaps you can help my issue.

Owned pervious version (and loved it) and just upgraded to 1.5.8.1.

Can't connect with the Internet. Trend Micro's firewall detected the new executable and I allowed but 1.5 will not connect. I've turned off the firewall to no avail. Setting a new "rule" to accept the executable does not work either. Regardless of action, I can't get past "Optimize needs access to the Internet..." error message.

Love the product but the primary reason I purchesed several months ago was it is great at keeping internet setting optimized.

Any suggestions welcome.

Scott

Guest Guest_Scott_inVA_*

I've been pleased with previous Optimized but did upgrade to 1/5/8/1 today. Can't connect to Internet. Trend Mico recognized the changed EXE and I gave permission..app still won't connect. Turn off Firewall/AV with same result.

I was always happy with this app but used it mostly for checking/optimizing my connection. Can't do so since the upgrade.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Scott

:wp:

You'll need to set your firewall to allow www.pcpitstop.com and ftp.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding IP's are 64.29.201.21 and 64.29.201.23. FTP is used for the upload test.

Also, please check for the setting below, and if it exists, that it is set to 'OK'.

Start/ControlPanel/SecurityCenter/WindowsFirewall/Advanced(TAB)/NetworkConnectionSettings/SelectSettings(RadioButton)/ICMP(TAB)/Check Allow Incoming ECHO/ OK

You'll need to set your firewall to allow www.pcpitstop.com and ftp.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding IP's are 64.29.201.21 and 64.29.201.23. FTP is used for the upload test.

Also, please check for the setting below, and if it exists, that it is set to 'OK'.

Start/ControlPanel/SecurityCenter/WindowsFirewall/Advanced(TAB)/NetworkConnectionSettings/SelectSettings(RadioButton)/ICMP(TAB)/Check Allow Incoming ECHO/ OK

Window Firewall is turned off b/c I use Trend Micro PC-cillin's Firewall. Nonetheless I followed the steps but still unable to connect. :( I am behind a router; haven't had a prior issue but is that blocking?

Thanks.

Scott

A hardware router should not be a problem at all as long as it allows you to ping outside sites. That is, if the ping and/or tracert commands work then Optimize should work too. To check, go to a command prompt and type PING www.pcpitstop.com to see that you can do that.

Are you using PeerGuardian? It has been known to silently block Optimize.

Does the Trend Micro firewall have a log? If so, does it show that it is blocking Optimize?

I also have trouble connecting to the Internet with Optimize.

How do I add: ftp.pcpitstop.com?

I went to the security (windowsxp) site and I found no way to add that ftp site.

And how and where do I add the 2 IP's 64. etc?

I forgot to add that I use as Router a recent DLink DI634 which is hardwired to a Westell modem 6100 for Verizon DSL.

The Optimizer is the latest version.

But I cannot connect to the Internet with above.