about free connection check

Guest joby

First you say its a free check and after the program is installed it does exactly what it says ( a check) but then ask for money to fix the problems it says it has found. I have no time for web companies that opperate in this way..

Guest soblu

First you say its a free check and after the program is installed it does exactly what it says ( a check) but then ask for money to fix the problems it says it has found. I have no time for web companies that opperate in this way..

I agree with joby - your "free check" is the old "bait & switch" trick - old cheap trick in new technology - you shouldn't be ashamed to ask for $ up front - otherwise it just appears slick damage to your credibility.

"Bait and Switch" is advertising a Yugo and then selling you a Cadillac.

Nowhere does the advertising say "Free software". I don't understand what part of "Free Scan" would lead you to believe you are getting a free program, unless you are completely unfamiliar with what a "scan" is.

Guest spinkorama

"Bait and Switch" is advertising a Yugo and then selling you a Cadillac.

Nowhere does the advertising say "Free software". I don't understand what part of "Free Scan" would lead you to believe you are getting a free program, unless you are completely unfamiliar with what a "scan" is.

As a person who does broadband tech support I recognize that most people are users and don't understand what techies think is normal termonology. A free scan is great but it should state on the first page what the cost of the software is. This is an internet-wide issue where something says it's shareware and you don't find out the cost of the product until you give all sorts of information. This is why, generally, I still go to my local software store and buy off the shelf.

I'm sure that this is great software, if PC Pitstop recommends it, but why can't you folks take the high road and be upfront on the cost from the start? :pullhair: