Change Mode

Disable Desktop Cleanup Wizard

miggs78

Hate everytime Windows will come up with that wizard that will ask you to remove unused icons on ur desktop and taskbar. IT does it every 60 days, you can now disable it. Here are the steps. Before we proceed, once again I will encourage you to either backup ur registry or create a restore point.

So here are the steps:

Start, Run, type Regedit. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\CleanupWiz

Create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value, called NoRun, double click the DWORD for properties, and set the value to 1 for disabling it.

If you ever wanna enable it again, just navigate to that value again, and modify that DWORD to 0 to enable it again.

Its a useful one, when your in the middle of something important, and it just pops us, I just hate it lol. :P

Thanks Once again :)

You can also do this without having to edit the registry (in case anyone is a little worried about it, I know I usually am :mrgreen:).

1. Click on Start

2. Select Run

3. Type in Desk.cpl

4. Hit Enter

Navigate to the Desktop tab along the top, and then click on the Customise Desktop button near the bottom. Uncheck the box next to "Run desktop wizard every 60 days." :)

with regards

You can also do this without having to edit the registry (in case anyone is a little worried about it, I know I usually am :mrgreen:).

1. Click on Start

2. Select Run

3. Type in Desk.cpl

4. Hit Enter

Navigate to the Desktop tab along the top, and then click on the Customise Desktop button near the bottom. Uncheck the box next to "Run desktop wizard every 60 days." :)

with regards

thanks, now rate me lol.