Sign in to follow this  
robunicu

Windows XP pro problem

hi guys. so i bought this Copy of XP pro from europe when i went there and i came installed it and ran with no problem for like 6 months. now i recieve this warning sayin that:

This copy of Windows is not genuine: and asks me to buy it. no i dont get it. can som1 help me with this. any help will be apreciated.

You will probably have to buy a copy of Windows. It seems you may have got some sort of Pirated, non genuine copy of Windows. If you wanna make it right, follow the directions they give when the warnings come up. I had that happen to a friend of mine. Hes now running Win 2K as he opted not to get a License.

If the message is from using windows update manually you can stop the problem simply. The way to do this is go to the control panel and click on Automatic updates. Set the time to about now ur time and the update will get done without the validation problem. After check the update history to make sure the updates were applied and turn autoupdates off again.

Cheers.

that is a new windows update "Window Genuine Notification...soething or other"....if i am correct, it shows up on ur login screen, or shortly before it... mine came up, and i did pay for my key, and it has never been mass produced.....i just found a "Crack" file to disable it.....it's sad u must do something illeagle to allow a legal program to not harass you about it's legitamacy

THRE IS NO WAY im payin for xp again. i paid for it in europe and im not payin for it again. i turned automatic updates off and the litle blue star is still by the clock. what can i do guys. will this put me in dager or may window sue me or somtin.... just what a friend of mine said might happen.

We don't do cracks here.

All you have to do is Activate your copy of Windows XP. I'm assuming that was never done.

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Activate Windows. You'll need to prove it's a genuine copy of Windows, you may even need to call Microsoft and explain to them that you purchased this copy of Windows while you were in Europe. -kd5-

that is a new windows update "Window Genuine Notification...soething or other"....if i am correct, it shows up on ur login screen, or shortly before it... mine came up, and i did pay for my key, and it has never been mass produced.....i just found a "Crack" file to disable it.....it's sad u must do something illeagle to allow a legal program to not harass you about it's legitamacy

Never suggest cracks here:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?act=boardrules (see Rule #7) -kd5-

There have been hundreds of reports of this problem with activated, genuine copies of XP, which is caused by an oversight in Microsoft's notification module that installed because automatic updates was enabled.  Microsoft recommends that users -

(1)  Disable the alert by right-clicking the Notifier icon, selecting Change Notifications Settings, and followng the prompts.  The erroneous notification should no longer appear.

OR

(2)  Correct the oversight.  To do this, run the Regedit.exe as an administrator.  Expand the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, then right-click LegitCheckControl.LegitCheck and click Permissions.  Set the administrators and System permissions to full control.  Do the same for the

LegitCheckControl.LegitCheck.1 key.

hi guys. so i bought this Copy of XP pro from europe when i went there and i came installed it and ran with no problem for like 6 months. now i recieve this warning sayin that:

This copy of Windows is not genuine: and asks me to buy it. no i dont get it. can som1 help me with this. any help will be apreciated.

Since he said it was purchased in Europe, I would lean toward the copy not being legit.

There have been hundreds of reports of this problem with activated, genuine copies of XP, which is caused by an oversight in Microsoft's notification module that installed because automatic updates was enabled.  Microsoft recommends that users -

(2)  Correct the oversight.  To do this, run the Regedit.exe as an administrator.  Expand the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, then right-click LegitCheckControl.LegitCheck and click Permissions.  Set the administrators and System permissions to full control.  Do the same for the

LegitCheckControl.LegitCheck.1 key.

I have the same problem, only i didnt buy mine in europe. I bougt xp pro at a local walmart.

does this seem to work? That little star in the corner bugs me

BgHrly's got the answer for you. All you have to do is call up Microsoft and tell them who you bought Windows XP from. They should give you a new copy, if they believe your story.

Hiding the Nagging Screens is only putting your head in the sand, it's not making it any better.

However, Microsoft acknowledges that many users will not be able send in their counterfeit CD and proof of purchase. For those customers, Microsoft is offering a $149 replacement Windows key that can be immediately activated, with a boxed copy of Windows XP Professional arriving later in the mail. "We want to be able to expedite the process," Microsoft says

now thats me. last year i went to a small country in EU. "Moldova" went into a lil shop where they were sellin software. and bought me about 30 software for about 100$ im not very into computer so i thought what a good deal. had no clue they were pirated

Well it will keep nagging you, but Microsoft is very much in their right to come chase you. And if you rang them up for help they certainly wouldn't talk to you.

It's really about the nagging: Do you think you can live with the Microsoft Nagging Popups?

Me, I wouldn't be able to stand it