Heavy marijuana use not linked to lung cancer

badbinary - ok, you reject the notion. Your perogative. I'm unsure why you have highlighted the sentence I wrote, unless it is to point out the fact that i mention terrorist activity. I repeat that I did not JUST mention terrorist activity. Take a look at your highlighting.

Anyone else have any thoughts? No moral dilemma for you guys either? Do you not agree that drug cartels might be involved in gun-running, child sexual exploitation etc?

I am also interested in this aspect of the problem.

The issue that I have is that people are willing to be involved in such things simply for their own pleasure, nothing more.

I once cared for an 8 year old girl in the ER who had been cut to ribbons with razor blades. She made the mistake of chasing her ball into a patch of pot somebody was growing in a national park. The plants were "protected" with double edge razor blades tied on with fishing line.

But of course "we" don't involve ourselves in such things. "We" are just aveage "Joes" getting high.

Ever lied to an employer? Spouse? Family member? Cop? A Doctor? Tried to fool a drug test? Many are even proud and brag about that last one. Signs of a problem more serious than such folks are willing to admit.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't separated myself from addicts.

I very much associate with addicts on a regular basis, I just choose to be around the clean variety today. ;):clap::geezer:

Although "clean addict" would seem to be a contradiction, you nonetheless drive my point home even further.

EDIT: It does not seem to be a contradiction to me, just to be clear...since this seems to have contributed to some confusion further on. It might seem a contradiction to some, and that is why I put it that way.

Edited by Chopdoc

Ever lied to an employer? Spouse? Family member? Cop? A Doctor? Tried to fool a drug test? Many are even proud and brag about that last one. Signs of a problem more serious than such folks are willing to admit.

People lie about any number of things but that doesn't mean they are addicted to those things...ever lie about how much that golf club really cost? Hahaha!!!!!!

People lie about any number of things but that doesn't mean they are addicted to those things...ever lie about how much that golf club really cost? Hahaha!!!!!!

Did I say addiction?

Although "clean addict" would seem to be a contradiction...

Synonymous with "dry drunk" which means someone who is an alcoholic but doesn't drink, "clean addict" would be someone who is addicted to drugs but doesn't do them, or another description might be someone who has at some point in their lives become addicted to alcohol or drugs but is now clean and/or sober. Hence the terms 'recovering addict' or 'recovering alcoholic'. I am and always will be a recovering alcoholic/addict, but I choose to be clean and sober now and that's what makes all the difference in the world to me. -kd5-

Did I say addiction?

I thought addiction is what is being discussed here :shrug: I guess I need a Master's Degree to understand this thread...sorry...

Edited by andromeda

it doesnt matter if its off topic because its about hemp, weither it doesnt cause cancer or not, for crying out loud its GD lols, this thread wouldnt survive talking about cancer :mrgreen:

I thought addiction is what is being discussed here :shrug: I guess I need a Master's Degree to understand this thread...sorry...

You were responding to me, you quoted me directly. I have not spoken of addiction.

Synonymous with "dry drunk" which means someone who is an alcoholic but doesn't drink, "clean addict" would be someone who is addicted to drugs but doesn't do them, or another description might be someone who has at some point in their lives become addicted to alcohol or drugs but is now clean and/or sober. Hence the terms 'recovering addict' or 'recovering alcoholic'. I am and always will be a recovering alcoholic/addict, but I choose to be clean and sober now and that's what makes all the difference in the world to me. -kd5-

I understood.

I said it "although "clean addict" would seem" ......

See?

As I said, he drove my point home.

Get it?

Although "clean addict" would seem to be a contradiction, you nonetheless drive my point home even further.

Only a contradiction to someone who has no clue about the disease of addiction other then what they have read in a DSM manual, I believe it is up to version 3 or 4 by now.

Because one no longer uses drugs, the disease of addiction is not "cured". Like any other insidious disease it sits and waits for an opportune moment to rear it's ugly head, and it manifests itself in many more ways then the continued use of drugs.

Edited by Bruce

Only a contradiction to someone who has no clue about the disease of addiction other then what they have read in a DSM manual, I believe it is up to version 3 or 4 by now.

Because one no longer uses the disease of addiction is not "cured". Like any other insidious disease it sits and waits for an opportune moment to rear it's ugly head, and it manifests itself in many more ways then the continued use of drugs.

I GOT IT THE FIRST TIME BRUCE!

That's why I used the word SEEM! I said it MAY SEEM! Get it?

How did that go over your head?

If you think I am a "know it from the manual" person then you really don't get me. Worse than that, you must think that is how doctors in general are. Guess what? We're not. This ain't metal shop or flower arranging. Why do you think the hours of practical clinical experience we get is by far greater than the hours of classroom?

I know you just want to jump on me, but if you read what I typed you will see that I understood you quite well. I typed what I typed the way that I typed it because I knew that there would be some people who would not get you. I in fact got an email about it that showed that at least one person did not get you.

EDIT: Since you mention the DSM...it is now DSM-IVR. In the past addiction was described as a physical dependency to a substance that resulted in withdrawal symptoms in its absence. The DSM-IV moves more toward a diagnosis that classifies such conditions as dependency rather than addiction. This reflects a broader movement in thinking within the field in general. You might also want to check out the American Society of Addiction Medicine patient placement criteria and the Addiction Severity Index if you are interested in diagnostics.

Edited by Chopdoc

If you think I am a "know it from the manual" person then you really don't get me. Worse than that, you must think that is how doctors in general are. Guess what? We're not.

"We're not"?!!!!!! So you are claiming to be a doctor? A Master's degree does not a Doctor make :blink:

Edited by andromeda

This topic is out of control, no one will agree

OMG ROFL, this thread should be closed tbh

please kill this topic!!!!!

No its tedious and its getting boring now

Why dont you :filtered: off

There are other threads to participate in Aaron, I might suggest that you ignore this one.....for your own peace of mind... ;) -kd5-

We're not?!!!!!! So you are claiming to be a doctor? A Master's degree does not a Doctor make :blink:

I have an MD degree. I also have a Masters in Medical Education.

Fernando Chaves M.D. '91 has completed his studies at AVC School of Medicine and is ready to start his residency.

http://www.cup.edu/eberly/biology/alumnidirectory.jsp

(note: the email listed for me there is no longer used)

So where's your practic Chop? 15 years after med.school and as far as I know you aren't working as a doctor?

15 years?

Oh, you are looking at my alumni listing. That's my undergrad university. That's the year I took My BS in biology/pre-med....not my MD. Look again, that isn't a med school. That is the life sciences department of California University.

I took my MD in 2001.

I have not taken my boards, I am not in practice.

EDIT: For those that try to Google me, the first hit you will get is my half brother. He's a pulmonologist in Ohio. Same name. You may also get something on my father, but I doubt it, he's a retired anesthesiologist, same name also. Our middle initials are different.

Edited by Chopdoc