Heavy marijuana use not linked to lung cancer

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree with you guys...I think it should have similar stipulations as alcohol such as no driving under the influence and not being to be stoned in public (corresponding to public intoxication being a crime); other than those and some other stipulations I think it should be legal. You could relate MJ to cigarettes and argue that smoking weed in public should have the same stipulations as cigarettes but we all know it isn' the same.

A test was done on 10 monkies for one year use of weed and they found no cell damage what so ever. Now this test shows that it doesn't cause cancer.

So im curious why it shouldn't be legal.

I barely smoke anymore. But I still don't think it should be illegal

You're....burning things, and inhaling it in to your lungs. How could it not be bad for you...

If it didn't cause problems, why would it be illegal? Why do I have to go to a class every day to learn about things like this?

illegal because it's addictive....medically, anything that makes you go high will damage your nervous system and other places over time. Alcohol isn't banned because it's not as addictive..

illegal because it's addictive....medically, anything that makes you go high will damage your nervous system and other places over time. Alcohol isn't banned because it's not as addictive..

Exactly...

You've got to be kidding? right?

alcohol can ba addicting if you're an alcoholic, not everybody that drinks becomes an alcoholic, marijuanna is habit forming, but is not addictive

Edited by Joe C

"If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction, were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the greenhouse effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is the same one that has done it before . . . CANNABIS/HEMP/MARIJUANA!"

http://www.jackherer.com/index.html

yeah ok buddy so let me set you strait on this one, first off i am daily pot smoker i have never lied to anyone my love for herb, dont get me wrong now i wouldnt get all bent :filtered: backwards if i had no weed, granted id be bummed but not angry.

now take a drunk, my friend Al for example he loves alcohol to the point we almost never hang out anymore his time is now spend drinking his life away its pretty sad we were best of friends for 13yrs but his love turned into his obbsession of drinking daily and finding the next best bar action.

when he drinks he gets all pissy quickly, when i smoke pot the couch, TV, and a snack will suite me just fine. i dont care what anyone says i will drive with someone high as a kite than anyone who drinks...bottom line.

Addiction?? herb?? not likely buddy not a body addiction anyways you may be pissy for a few days and thats that....wonder who gets all sweaty and mad.....deny a alcoholic and see you may get....before you rant on about something you obviously know nothing about read up on it and not the DARE website.

i drank alcohol for a while too and made me sick and still makes me sick so i do not drink anymore, so i smoke pot kill me :adios:

I dunno, sounds pretty weak to me...alcoholism can lead to problems with virtually all faccetts of your body, the main one focused on is the liver. I am for legalizing weed, especially since alcohol is of course legal.

Alchohol is bad and so is marijuana. They can both negatively impair a person's abilities both mentally and physically. So they should both be either banned or allowed with restrictions.

Legalized marijuana could be handled the same way or similar to the way alcohol laws are.

If under the influence while driving

If under the influence while operating heavy machinery

If under the influence while at work

If under the influence while in public

Selling without a license

Distributing to a minor

Smoking in close proximity to a minor or adult

then the offending person will be charged according to law.

the answer is anything that make you feel high, other than your own body, hormones,etc, it is pretty much bad and will damage nervous system OVERTIME. Most drug make people feel high so it has to do with nervous system.

Allowed with restriction is okay, if they get completely banned, it will increase even more abuse..If ya wanna smoke pot, do so at home, don't do it in public and cause public distration..

as for sex, it's a natural thing, it's your OWN BODY telling you want to have a good time, and it is not altered by drugs...

Ever drink a Sake? almost 50% alcohol there..ain't nothing like Beer. Beer is like for little kiddies. I don't understand how someone could get drunk over beer..unless he/she drank 20 cans of it...

Edited by AMDX1325

Wow there are a lot of pot-heads on the board.

I don't mean to offend anyone, I could care less about what you do on your private property. It's just sort of a joke sitting in class learning about how bad this stuff is, and then listening to you guys proclaiming it like it's the new Jesus.

Well, here's old caintrys take on the matter. I smoked pot for 23 years, sorry, I was a "late bloomer"; didn't quit till I was 44 yr. old. In my opinion it definitely affects the nervous system, and most definitely the "short term memory". I still have days that I walk out of the bathroom and can't remember if I flushed.....a common habit for most folks, but one I sometimes forget. For me alcohol and drugs don't mix, if I'm stoned I want a beer, one beer won't do gotta have a case. One case leads to another......which is why I'm a *recovering alcoholic and drug addict*. Marijuana also lowers the inhibitions so that we more easily say "Yes" to someone who offers a *line* of cocaine or meth if we're stoned. Alcohol for me also has the same effect. I can tell you that I started with my buddies on Saturday night when I was in high school drinking a six pack between 4 of us for that night. Alcohol took control of my life, by the time I was in the Army in 1972, drinking with the *boys*, I smoked my first joint. Had to have some more of that good stuff, but that led to methamphetamine, LSD, heroin, angel dust (the real stuff, not this PCP crap you find nowadays), MDA (the *Love Drug*), peyote, mescaline.....need I go on?????

And I was like Invision, saying; "Man when I get old and gray, you'll find me sitting on the front porch in my rocker, with a big fat bowl of 'Ghani.... ." R I I I I G H T! I didn't plan on what it would do to my head or my body, and damned sure didn't figure on all the trouble it would get me in......

My advice, if you haven't started, leave well enough alone. Life is too wonderful to let it pass you by while you're drunk/stoned. ;)

Well, here's old caintrys take on the matter. I smoked pot for 23 years, sorry, I was a "late bloomer"; didn't quit till I was 44 yr. old. In my opinion it definitely affects the nervous system, and most definitely the "short term memory". I still have days that I walk out of the bathroom and can't remember if I flushed.....a common habit for most folks, but one I sometimes forget. For me alcohol and drugs don't mix, if I'm stoned I want a beer, one beer won't do gotta have a case. One case leads to another......which is why I'm a *recovering alcoholic and drug addict*. Marijuana also lowers the inhibitions so that we more easily say "Yes" to someone who offers a *line* of cocaine or meth if we're stoned. Alcohol for me also has the same effect. I can tell you that I started with my buddies on Saturday night when I was in high school drinking a six pack between 4 of us for that night. Alcohol took control of my life, by the time I was in the Army in 1972, drinking with the *boys*, I smoked my first joint. Had to have some more of that good stuff, but that led to methamphetamine, LSD, heroin, angel dust (the real stuff, not this PCP crap you find nowadays), MDA (the *Love Drug*), peyote, mescaline.....need I go on?????

And I was like Invision, saying; "Man when I get old and gray, you'll find me sitting on the front porch in my rocker, with a big fat bowl of 'Ghani.... ." R I I I I G H T! I didn't plan on what it would do to my head or my body, and damned sure didn't figure on all the trouble it would get me in......

My advice, if you haven't started, leave well enough alone. Life is too wonderful to let it pass you by while you're drunk/stoned. ;)

Bravo, this is the kind of thing I was waiting for. :clap:

I know none of the other guys are going to agree with you though.

I can't disagree with ya caintry, I don't do that stuff, but it isn't any worse than alcohol, it'll affect your judgement as any drug would

i agree with caintry 100%, but if someone wants to use, then who am i to tell them how to run their lives?

many people fall under the mistake of thinking that. The government is there to protect the people. They protect us by making laws. The protection is not only from other countries, from terrorist attacts, but also from our own selves. If left to our own devices with out any of our laws, many of us would not do the "right thing" , but rather do whatever felt right at the moment. But the laws are in place to keep us from screwwing up too bad. Its just a shame everyone cant see that

Edited by BlackWiddow

Not everyone goes hard as caintry_boy has described. I'm glad he described his tribulations though. It CAN happen that easily. When it does, it is alcohol that causes the lapse in reason for the majority I'd wager. Folk like that would take smack as thier first drug if offered. They are in another category. Please take no offence Caintry. I've had friends who were bound and determined to self destruct despite all the help offered to them. You just described all of them to a T. I have been drunk to the point of falling down and you would not get a line into me friend. I'll fight you tooth and nail if you insist. Get that crap away from me. Most times when offered a line I will accept and then blow the line off the mirror into the carpet. I usually dont get asked again.

I've been smoking both for about 25 years now. I sure wish I could quit cigarettes but pot stays. Never has any drug given me so many benefits. That, by the way, is a personal statement. Dont expect to fit me into any category.

I have tried acid, ecstacy, even gravol OD. They were all fun for that moment but pot beats the hell out of all of them.

I drink too much. I know it. I would go for a bag of bud before a case of (canadian) beer any day though. And dont spew government facts at me. They dont know me and never will. "They" dont speak for me on a good day.

If we had only one type of person to deal with, life would be boring and simple. Thank your personal diety its not that way.

The hard part of this debate is, most folks on the for side are biased and most on the against side have no first hand knowledge. Makes for a lot of misinformed people.

Just dont interfere with my life and we will get along great. I'm not imposing on you after all.