EclipseWebJS2

I may have to leave the pack ...

Current Work Unit

-----------------

Name: p2112_ww_domain_mutant_4_opls

Download time: May 10 18:47:02

Due time: August 23 18:47:02

Progress: 87% [||||||||__]

After this work unit finishes, I will shutdown my Folding service for a while. I'm starting to get back into Sims and I'm gonna need the extra juice to run the game.

Besides that the weather's starting to mess with my computer a bit, as it was like 80 degrees in my bedroom.

I will probably come back into the pack once I figure out what my ISP will do -- we're just about nearing the end of the 24-month service agreement we signed to get online with.

Well, everything's cool ... I just need to re-take my computer for a while longer.

The priority of folding is set to lowest, so it will have virtually no impact upon performance. That's no excuse.

Edited by brandon

LOL, because everyone knows the Sims is a graphic intensive game.

take no notice of them..if you want to stop folding then thats fine be glad to have you back anytime. hope its soon. folding will effect those temps. ;-) and thanks for telling us seems so many just dissappear...

Edited by terry1966

Now stopping the service.

16 Work Units completed, 2596 points total.

If something happens where people are needed back, I will restart the service again. It all depends on IF I'm still connected online.

you could always run it with the grphical client that way you could start and stop it any time you wanted to by using the icon in the task bar. Thats if your still online.. good luck with what ever you decide. we always need folders no matter how little or much they fold..it all adds up and some of our highest folders are not the fastest folders but they kept at it. :)

you can stop it when its a service too. just go to administrative tools select FAH and stop it. then you can start it up again when you are done gaming or what ever, but its your choice, and yes the temps will be higher in the summer.

It only uses your CPU if you aren't doing anything with it.

Ex. When the machine is idle... You can run [email protected] and play Battlefield 2 all day for all I care, it won't give you performance problems, you just won't get much folding done.

And even if it was a CPU hog, like I pointed out, you aren't really aiming for frame rates in The Sims. ;)

Wow. Dunno where that Brandon putz gets off. At least you helped out in the overall cause of [email protected] while you could. You dont need to kill your equipment for it though man. Im sure everyone in the [email protected] community thanks you for your efforts.

I fold too, just not for here. ;)

So I do know where I get off. [email protected] doesn't effect gaming, just like I said.

You didnt have to come off to him like that. No excuse... You should be thanking them for the work that they did.

Brandon what do you mean not for HERE!!!!!! :boxing::boxing:

You know we're the best so get your act together and fold for the pit... :lol:

:cheers:

You didnt have to come off to him like that. No excuse... You should be thanking them for the work that they did.

I didn't come off at him like anything. While I'm grateful for the work he's probably done, gaming is still no excuse not to run it. Heat maybe, but then, it'll take years for any harm to be done even if it's running at the max temp it can safely handle...

Well it IS his hardware dude. And it IS a donation. Ya know, meaning out of the goodness of your heart. Geez.

I find it kind of ironic that he is afraid of hurting his hardware through something that can not possibly hurt it, and yet in the past he has destroyed oh so much of his precious hardware through acts of which you would be laughing at if you knew of. ;)

Edit: Well, you've been here awhile. You just might.

Edited by xXenXx

Just an FYI...I, too am a "Sims-a-holic". I run FAH at the same time and it doesn't affect how the Sims game runs. It just doesn't fold as much.