Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Oxford_*

Internet connection Type

Guest Guest_Oxford_*

Hello All !

I just installed the updated version of Optmize V-1.5.5.1, when I select the first screen the radio button (chck for updates) works fine but when select (NEXT)radio button

I get a popup PC Pitstop Optmize

Optmize needs to access the internet to test your connection. If you have a firewall, please allow Optmize to access the internet. Please fix your internet access and click the retry button. If you click cancel, internet speed will not be tuned.

RETRY CANCEL

My Question is what do I tell my firewall to allow? I have already allowed www.pcpitstop.com* and www.pcpitstop.inivision.com*

This worked fine on the previous version. Am I missing something?

Thank You in advance :beer:

:wp:

The previous version did not actually access the Internet to do speed tests. It just read data in the registry and calculated from there. 1.5 actually contacts the web page and runs the upload/download tests.

Try allowing this one: http://pcpitstop.com/internet/default.asp

Guest Guest

:wp:

The previous version did not actually access the Internet to do speed tests. It just read data in the registry and calculated from there. 1.5 actually contacts the web page and runs the upload/download tests.

Try allowing this one: http://pcpitstop.com/internet/default.asp

Thanks for the rapid response! Added the above site still no response. Went to the site and ran all the tests (OK) , but still no response from main panel. Completely removed Optmize/ Cleaned / Rebooted / Reinstalled with exactly the same results. Any other suggestions!

Oxford

I'll call in the cavalry. :surrender:

Help is on the way.

Hi, you'll need to allow www.pcpitstop.com and ftp.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding ips are 64.29.201.21 and 64.29.201.23. FTP is used for the upload test.

Guest christian

:adios:

Hello All !

I just installed the updated version of Optmize V-1.5.5.1, when I select the first screen the radio button (chck for updates) works fine but when select (NEXT)radio button

I get a popup PC Pitstop Optmize

Optmize needs to access the internet to test your connection. If you have a firewall, please allow Optmize to access the internet. Please fix your internet access and click the retry button. If you click cancel, internet speed will not be tuned.

RETRY CANCEL

My Question is what do I tell my firewall to allow? I have already allowed www.pcpitstop.com* and www.pcpitstop.inivision.com*

This worked fine on the previous version. Am I missing something?

Thank You in advance :beer:

Hi, you'll need to allow www.pcpitstop.com and ftp.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding ips are 64.29.201.21 and 64.29.201.23. FTP is used for the upload test.

Guest Guest_Oxford_*

Hello

Please excuse the delay! Today I verified the recommended url`s as being allowed. The firewall also verifies that 64.29.201.21 has passed with a echo request but I still remain with the same error.

Is there some security feature that may not be allowing the echo return?

Again Thank you for the time! :rofl2:

Guest Guest_Oxford_*

Hello

Please excuse the delay! Today I verified the recommended url`s as being allowed. The firewall also verifies that 64.29.201.21 has passed with a echo request but I still remain with the same error.

Is there some security feature that may not be allowing the echo return?

Again Thank you for the time! :rofl2:

I guess that the cavalry came and went they must of had a bigger battle somewhere else! I still have incorrect function of the new Optmize! :surrender:

check any software firewall you may have on such as zonealarm or even the basic microsoft firewall.

I guess that the cavalry came and went they must of had a bigger battle somewhere else! I still have incorrect function of the new Optmize! :surrender:

Sorry for the delay.

I didn't see this asked before, what firewall are you running?

And can you run a Pit test and post the results here so that we can get a look at what's running on your computer? If you haven't done that before, here's a guide that may help: http://pcpitstop.com/techexpress/howto1.asp

Guest Guest_Oxford_*

Sorry for the delay.

I didn't see this asked before, what firewall are you running?

And can you run a Pit test and post the results here so that we can get a look at what's running on your computer? If you haven't done that before, here's a guide that may help: http://pcpitstop.com/techexpress/howto1.asp

I thank you for the response. Firewall TrendMicro. This is the only problem that I am having with ANY software every thing is just fine. Yes I have run PitStop tests many times with no problems to note. All of my system paticulars were added when I registered with the forum but I was only privledged the opertunity of gracing my existence as a guest. Its not so important. I do however use AOL could this make a difference, seeming I didnot get any reply through email either. This is why I asked if there is some other security feature that perhaps I am missing (eg. turning on or off) I have been to every site that is on your home page without linking problems, as I say it just seems to be this one item and my firewall states that the echo request went out but there is no entry of the return.

Guest Guest_Oxford_*

I thank you for the response. Firewall TrendMicro. This is the only problem that I am having with ANY software every thing is just fine. Yes I have run PitStop tests many times with no problems to note. All of my system paticulars were added when I registered with the forum but I was only privledged the opertunity of gracing my existence as a guest. Its not so important. I do however use AOL could this make a difference, seeming I didnot get any reply through email either. This is why I asked if there is some other security feature that perhaps I am missing (eg. turning on or off) I have been to every site that is on your home page without linking problems, as I say it just seems to be this one item and my firewall states that the echo request went out but there is no entry of the return.

Oddly enough this is what I found.

Run/ControlPanel/SecurityCenter/WindowsFirewall/Advance(TAB)/NetworkConnectionSettings/SelectSettings(RadioButton)/ICMP(TAB)/Check Allow Incoming ECHO/ OK

Tried PcPitstop again and BRAVO! it now works.

Thanks for the time spent

Oxford

Thank you for posting the fix! I was trying to post a suggestion and was getting timed out. :bang:

When I just now got back in I see that you have it solved!! :clap:

Guest Guest_Ritter197_*

check any software firewall you may have on such as zonealarm or even the basic microsoft firewall.

I have the same problems. Cannot access the Internet with Optimizer, latest version.

I am not a happy customer at this time.

In your line to do with the firewall some firewalls only accept URL`s and some require the actual program name (PC Pitstop Optmize 1.5.8.1), the old Windows firewall and TrendMicro`s for example used the URL or IP address and of course allowing Ping or echo. The Windows firewall requires the program to be listed, if this type of firewall doesn`t ask for it automatically one should either re-install the program or physically add it.

If these don`t work then one can add the actual PORT permission:

ADD:-NAME PORT (PING)

ADD:-PORT 445

-TCP or UDP

DIRECTION: -BOTH if permitted

-OUTBOUND is accecptable but one may have a slight problem with RTWIN but it will still work.

SCOPE:- INTERNET

I hope this helps!

Oxford

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure some users will benefit!