Change Mode

Was this site down for hours?

I was up here at 3:00 this afternoon, overlooking a topic I just posted in. When I came back in, the board then started to say "You don't have permission to view this board."

WTH is wrong with the board, to start with? And, did I break some rules here? What's the deal?

Besides that I had to dig out my Gateway box to get on here...

does that mean a new server?

From my understanding...yes

Thats Matts domain tho..not mine..

I may have to repent... :) v

Seems to be down more than it ever was in my viewpoint. I'm not on here all that much but

the few times I am here I seem to always get some type of error message or something doesn't seem to be working. In fact, when I accessed the site today the first line on my screen says........

IPB warning[2] invalid argument supplied for each()(line 239 of /services/lib/func_board stats.php

Maybe that will help someone figure something out. Overall I think everything functions extremely well for the size of the site and numbers of hits. Things have to be replaced from time to time. Maybe now is the time :rolleyes:

Edited by 1966

I get that error too, but only on the Index page. And the whole forum is still slow and works only intermittently, just like a typical IPS Hosting server. And there's a good reason for that. It's still on an IPS Hosting server. The domain name says it all, pcpitstop.invisionzone.com. B)

There are two things in play.

1. We are in the process of moving to new servers that we hope will put all of the peformance problems behind us.

2. We did another newsletter and we are hitting record levels here at the Pit.

PS Welcome back Ax.

:sparkle:I didn't want 1966 to feel alone.....

:-·:*'""*:·.-:¦:-·* IPB WARNING [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (Line: 239 of /sources/lib/func_boardstats.php) *·-:¦:-·:-·:*'""*:·.-

One slipped in on me to.

1. We are in the process of moving to new servers that we hope will put all of the peformance problems behind us.

Rob the most users ever online here at the forums was 408. That is not nearly enough people/connections to cause slowdowns.

I frequent other forums that have 1500+ users on a daily basis, and they have exceeded 3000 online at times. They never so much as experience a hiccup.

My own site shows logs of 2500 connections and I have never experienced an outage as a result.

If I had a server or software that was incapable of handling 408 users, I would dump it immediately.

Rob the most users ever online here at the forums was 408. That is not nearly enough people/connections to cause slowdowns, and certainly shouldn't cause the site to go down.

I frequent other forums that have 1500+ users on a daily basis, and they have exceeded 3000 online at times. They never so much as experience a hiccup. Right now at that forum there are Currently Active Users: 1316 The site loads fast and error free. ;)

My own site shows logs of 2500 connections and I have never experienced an outage as a result.

If I had a server or software that was incapable of handling 408 users, I would dump it immediately.

There were errors when posting this. :shrug:

Edited by Bruce