why buy optimize

Guest MILES STONE

Hi,

I employ several registry cleaners including: SYstem MECHANIC, P C MEDIC, AND MANY OTHER SCANNERS FOR MALWARE INCLUDING: SPYBOT S&D, ADAWARE SE, AVG ANTI VIRAL. ALL OF THESE ARE UPDATED AND RUN DAILY. AS A RESULT, MY WIN XP RUNS FAST WITH NO PROBLEMS. FOR DEFRAG. AND OPTIMIZATION, I USE THE BEST VOPT BY GOLDEN BOWS. I KNOW I HAVE A BAD FONT POINTER IN THE REGISTRY AND I EXCLUDE THAT FROM REPAIR OR THE COMPUTER WILL BOOT IN THE GIBBERISH SYMBOLIC MODE UNABLE TO READ OR UNDERSTAND!! IF YOU REMOVE THIS POINTER, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DECIPHER THE RESULTING FONT THAT BOOTS TO EXECUTE THE NECESSARY OR ANY COMMANDS DUE TO THE TOTAL MEANINGLESS NATURE OF THE SCREEN!!! WHAT WILL I DO THEN? WILL YOU EXCLUDE REGISTRY FONT ANALYSIS AND REPAIR TO KEEP THE COMPUTER READABLE?

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU CAN DO THAT MY CURRENT PROGRAMS HAVE MISSED AND WILL A BACKUP BE MADE TO RESTORE ANY OF YOUR MISTAKES?

IF THAT FONT POINTER, EVEN THOUGH IT IS POINTING INCORRECTLY, IF REMOVED, WHO WILL FIX THE UNINTERPRETABLE SCREEN THAT REFULTS IN CHINESE OR SOME OYHER MEANINGLESS SYMBOLS AND CRAZY ICONS?

THAMK YOU FOR YOU REPLY,

M.E. STONE, M.D.

:wp:

You would have to review the changes Optimize suggests and, if present, exclude the font pointer just like you already do in your other products. And yes, Optimize makes backups so that it can undo any changes it makes, but if the screen is nothing but gibberish, I don't see how the restore could be made.

Honestly, it sounds like the only thing you might benefit from would be the Internet connection tuneup function, but even that is much improved in the 1.5 version due to be released in ther coming weeks. Optimize is aimed at the user that finds value in having a single automated program to do the things that they could do manually, but for whatever reason, don't.

You can download the free scan to view the list of changes Optimize will make. No changes will be made without the purchase of a license key. If you are interested in the Internet tuning function, you may also want to have a look at the beta version, as it is much more sophisticated in that regard.

The FAQ page has more detail about what Optimize was designed to do.

FAQ's: http://www.pcpitstop.com/faq/optimize.asp

Free scan: http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/optimizescan.asp

beta 1.5: http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=116537

• 3 weeks later...

:)Hi, I'm new here. I was very interested in the Optimizer, but unsure if I want to buy it as I'm scared it will do something to my computer, or ask me to make some changes that I'm unsure of. I also want to know what does the Optimizer backup CD do? Do I need it to backup my computer incase it crashes etc. And if I'm not satisfied with the product will I be able to get a refund?

Please advise.

Thank you

[email protected]