Sign in to follow this  
xcopmanx

Freezes at Checking CD Drives

I'm using Internet Explorer and the process hangs when it gets to "Checking CD drives...". At the top in the information bar, it says "This website wants to run the following add-on: 'PCPitstop.dll' from 'P.C. Pitstop LLC'. If you trust the website and the add-on...etc., click here'. Any ideas of why this could be happening? Thanks.

-Jon

Click the yellow bar and tell it to run pcpitstop.dll. Sounds like you are running IE7 beta?

Click the yellow bar and tell it to run pcpitstop.dll. Sounds like you are running IE7 beta?

Yes, I am... but clicking and telling it to run pcpitstop.dll makes a continuous loop. I click it everytime and it asks me again and again without progressing any further in the testing sequence. :-(

I tried using Neptune and using Firefox and it works, but I get a significantly lower score.

Edited by xcopmanx

Be persistent, when you say it put you in a loop do you mean it continues to prompt you? You will probalby have to answer five or six times before it lets you through.

Yes, it's dorky and yes we'll get it fixed soon. :)

Be persistent, when you say it put you in a loop do you mean it continues to prompt you? You will probalby have to answer five or six times before it lets you through.

Yes, it's dorky and yes we'll get it fixed soon. :)

It looks like this is still a problem. I am experiencing the same thing.

Jeff