Hi,

Over the last month or two I have discovered that this file keeps adding itself to my desktop and I can't find any program that supports it and have no idea where it came from.Does anyone know anything about this and what do they/you advice I do?

:wp: :sparkle: "badframes.stt" is related to VP6 decoder ....which is also built in audio converting, audio streaming, video streaming and more.

VP6 decoder .............VP6 is a high-quality, low bitrate video compression codec that can be used as a plug-in.

It could be you have a corrupt video codec

I think running a pit test and posting your link could identify a problem with video.

How to post a PIT test

Edited by Juliet

:wp: :sparkle: "badframes.stt" is related to VP6 decoder ....which is also built in audio converting, audio streaming, video streaming and more.

VP6 decoder .............VP6 is a high-quality, low bitrate video compression codec that can be used as a plug-in.

It could be you have a corrupt video codec

I think running a pit test and posting your link could identify a problem with video.

How to post a PIT test

Thanks.I will do that when i get home. Also i've got a couple of other questions which are bothering me.

1) I frequent a website which streams live football matches over the internet and sometimes the picture will freeze for a short time(which i guess is a standard problem with streaming) or goes kinda blotchy or pixelated i suppose and these large pixels go pink and i can't see anything.Any idea on that?

2) I have bought a new lg flatscreen monitor and the display doesn't work properly in such a way that windows that aren't open(but have previously) seem to leave a sort of watermark which you can see on your current window or even desktop.Any idea on what this is?

:sparkle:I tried to research property settings for Flat screens....and I must be losing my touch.

I went into a Dell site and a HP/Compaq site....

I'll list those links....

HP and Compaq Flat Panel Displays - Flat Panel Display Troubleshooting

Notebook Displays and Flat-Panel Monitors - Frequently Asked Questions......Dell

You may not have these Vendor's flat monitor but you maybe able to see settings that would apply to yours?

Also as Inprofile stated.....updating/installing another version of Winamp

check for latest version of Winamp

:sparkle:I tried to research property settings for Flat screens....and I must be losing my touch.

I went into a Dell site and a HP/Compaq site....

I'll list those links....

HP and Compaq Flat Panel Displays - Flat Panel Display Troubleshooting

Notebook Displays and Flat-Panel Monitors - Frequently Asked Questions......Dell

You may not have these Vendor's flat monitor but you maybe able to see settings that would apply to yours?

Also as Inprofile stated.....updating/installing another version of Winamp

check for latest version of Winamp

thanks for the advice on the monitor i'll have a look,as regards to updating winamp i never had it installed in the first place!

There's a lot of google links that refer winamp to that error, but castle cops also shows that the error is also related to the Dropper.Small.EI trojan

When I run AVG (as it suggests), no virus is found. Also, I think the virus is creating a file called badframes.stt on my desktop. If I delete it, the file just comes back, and it showed up at around the same time as the virus.

Virus

Trojan horse Dropper.Small.EI

is found in file C:\system volume information\_restore{C629A431-CEB9-499D-BCB9-171D7A532114}\RP189\A0069741.exe

http://castlecops.com/postt15260.html

youy should do an on line virus scan to see if you're infected with that trojan also

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Edited by Joe C

:sparkle:You have a large list of items that can be disabled at startup.....

Check your tech express link and click on the Windows section.......

How to use MSCONFIG

StartupList [email protected]

after you disable any items click on Apply then OK

reboot and a window will open saying changes have been made.....click on the small box...do not show me this message again....