Encrypted cryptographic hash algorithms

SHA-1 implemented in JavaScript is available from

http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/sha1src.html

Insert iit (surrounded by <script> and </script) in the HEAD section. Here's a simple implementation that you can insert the BODY section -

<form>

<table>

<tr>

<td>Input:&nbsp </td><td><input size=57 name=input></td>

</tr><tr>

<td>&nbsp</td>

<td>

<input onclick="hash.value = hex_sha1(input.value)"

type=button value="Calculate SHA-1">

</td>

</tr><tr>

<td>Result:&nbsp </td><td><input size=57 name=hash></td>

</tr>

</table>

</form>

Do you mean you want to write the algorithm or do you mean you want a utility that will let you hash stuff?

If the answer is the latter have a look at this;

http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/index.htm

I wanted to know how would i go about creating a SHA-1 public and private key. I have some very confidential information, and i want to use SHA-1 cipher strength encryption.

Edited by igl1221

I wanted to know how would i go about creating a SHA-1 public and private key. I have some very confidential information, and i want to use SHA-1 cipher strength encryption.

Sha1 is not an encryption algorithm it is a hash function.

Sha1 is not an encryption algorithm it is a hash function.

Ok, let be break it down. I want to create a public and private key that is 160bits. How would i go about doing it?

Ok, let be break it down. I want to create a public and private key that is 160bits. How would i go about doing it?

Your question keeps changing, why?

Edited by phink

Your question keeps changing, why?

My question keeps changing because everyone is either misunderstood or doesn't know anything about encryption, and i'm trying to get an answer. My question was how does someone create a SHA-1 (160bits) algorithm to encrypt messages. Is that plain in simple or do i have to break it down even more!

Edited by igl1221

My question keeps changing because everyone is either misunderstood or doesn't know anything about encryption, and i'm trying to get an answer. My question was how does someone create a SHA-1 (160bits) algorithm to encrypt messages. Is that plain in simple or do i have to break it down even more!

Dude why are you so insistent on using such an obscure cipher? You might struggle to find a program that implements it ;-) and thats the only way you can create your keys. The ciphers that you are refering to use some of the sha1 algorithm not all as that would be impossible ;-). Some are stream, some are block but all are symmetric so I wonder where you got the idea you could create an asymmetric key pair particularly of 160 bits (which coincidentally is the length of a sha1 message digest) which seems a bit short for the purpose.

What is the name of the cipher you intend to use, I would be interested in knowing, as I have never heard of an asymmetric cipher using such small keys and sha1s compression function. Could you provide a link to it?

If you want to encrypt email I would suggest using this;

http://www.gnupg.org/

And this is an excellent program for general encryption purposes;

http://www.truecrypt.org/

In conclusion you will need to download a program/utility that implements the cipher. This will allow you to create keys for it, unless you are planning on writing it yourself of course :-)

Edited by phink

Dude why are you so insistent on using such an obscure cipher? You might struggle to find a program that implements it ;-) and thats the only way you can create your keys. The ciphers that you are refering to use some of the sha1 algorithm not all as that would be impossible ;-). Some are stream, some are block but all are symmetric so I wonder where you got the idea you could create an asymmetric key pair particularly of 160 bits (which coincidentally is the length of a sha1 message digest) which seems a bit short for the purpose.

What is the name of the cipher you intend to use, I would be interested in knowing, as I have never heard of an asymmetric cipher using such small keys and sha1s compression function. Could you provide a link to it?

If you want to encrypt email I would suggest using this;

http://www.gnupg.org/

And this is an excellent program for general encryption purposes;

http://www.truecrypt.org/

In conclusion you will need to download a program/utility that implements the cipher. This will allow you to create keys for it, unless you are planning on writing it yourself of course :-)

I do not have a praticular cipher i want to use just yet. I'm still researching. Although, i am going to look into the second link you provided. If you were encrypting very confidential information what cipher would you use?

AES is good its the US government standard Truecrypt uses it by default.

[/quote

ok.... Do you have any idea how to delete a thread after your question has been answered?

[/quote

Got your question answered? You are a cheeky little :filtered:. ;-) Try an admin I'm sure they will be delighted to help you. Help is something you most certainly need trollboy ;-).

Edited by phink