Change Mode

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PO TO TO pronounced with the long O. Janleng dialect for long hut. A place where tribal laws are suggested and discussed.

The website is just gorge

Edited by shogan191
Guest Deuces Wild

:filtered:: You may want to consider reducing the number of forums on your site. And what's with the "for men only" and "for women only" forums?

:filtered:: You may want to consider reducing the number of forums on your site. And what's with the "for men only" and "for women only" forums?

For men:

We talk about:

Girls

Trucks

Cars

Men stuff

WOMEN:

they talk about:

men

other gurly stuff

Guest Deuces Wild

What is men stuff and what is girly stuff? :blink:

I know plenty of women who love to work on engines, love to get their hands dirty and love sports.

There are also plenty of guys who never saw what was under the hood of their car and could not think of getting dirt under their nails.

What is men stuff and what is girly stuff? :blink:

I know plenty of women who love to work on engines, love to get their hands dirty and love sports.

There are also plenty of guys who never saw what was under the hood of their car and could not think of getting dirt under their nails.

It's a place for guys to talk about stuff they only want guys seeing

And the same for girls

Guest Deuces Wild

What is men stuff and what is girly stuff?  :blink:

And the same for girls

So it will be impossible for guys to go into the girls forum? What program do you have that performs that amazing task?

So tell me Free, which category would you put yourself in, or would you need one all for yourself/...........Mmmmmm!.........let me see........hows about EGO TRIP?..........No offence meant.

Gilbo. B):jester:

What is men stuff and what is girly stuff?  :blink:

And the same for girls

So it will be impossible for guys to go into the girls forum? What program do you have that performs that amazing task?
Nope but if you see a girl read guy stuff go to girls and read ;)

Let me see, a forum for us gurlies to chat about knitting patterns and floor polish, mmmm I wonder if that will take off. :blink:

FYI :filtered:, us gals like a lot of the stuff you guys like and when we want to talk about men we do it in PM's. ;):P

Let me see, a forum for us gurlies to chat about knitting patterns and floor polish, mmmm I wonder if that will take off. :blink:

FYI :filtered:, us gals like a lot of the stuff you guys like and when we want to talk about men we do it in PM's. ;):P

I know but if you had something you want to talk about will just guys

You know? :)

You asked for a critique (please don't ask me how I got to your page it is a National Secret and I'd have to kill you if I told you):

• Your Forum is based on a good topic idea - Freeware/computer help

• The simple pleasant colors on the page are nice

• I like the clean look of the main page. What I mean is that it does not have a load of useless stuff that just annoys and distracts

• The banner ad at the top .... needs to go :P

• At the top right I would remove FreewareKing's and just have Freeware Review and Computer Help Forum

• HELP - This forum is for Help with the Forums (would be better if it said, "get help with this forum")

• RULES (make this the very first forum instead of General Discussion)

• Forum News (move it either to the top below HELP/General Discussion or use pinned posts on the main page)

• Womens/Mens chat (if you want adults to seriously participate in this forum you need to avoid anything that shows evidence of prejudice or bias (topics such as these also point out the expected age level of participants)

• Tell me what you think? (this is a waste of space the topic should be part of General Discussion)

• Linux (Change the title of the section Windows to Operating System Help and include it in that section)

• Hacking (read your web hosting agreement AND as long as this topic is allowed/encouraged I will NOT become a member nor will I use my valuable time reading about other peoples ego trips (mine is already too big I trip and fall way to often already))

This Agreement (the "Agreement") governs your access and use of ChatArea.com [snipped]

1.  As a condition of your use of this Web site (ChatArea.com) and the interactive services contained therein, you represent and warrant to Wewp! that you will not use this Web site (ChatArea.com) for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. [snipped] you agree that when using one, you will not: a) Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, derogatory, defamatory, infringing, improper, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information. [snipped]

3. Wewp! [snipped] reserves the right at all times to disclose any information deemed by Wewp! necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.

4. You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, societies and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. [snipped]

10. Wewp! reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access to this Web site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Web site without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Web site is offered. [snipped]

14. Wewp! reserves the right to delete all member accounts with invalid email address without notice.

15. Wewp! reserves the right to delete all member accounts if they have not been used after 90 days.

16. Wewp! reserves the right to delete all societys if they have not been used after 180 days.

17. You are 13 years of age or older.

• How much spam did you email account begin to receive after signing up?

• Freeware - This is the Forum for post your Freeware.... (post your freeware what??)

• Ask about Freeware - This is the place for Asking About FREEWARE EX. I found out about_________on the Internet Anygood? (have a little trouble with this one? How about... "ask questions here about freeware before you use it")

Summary: A good start. Needs improvement on legal issues. Will have a far better future if immature aspects are avoided and serious topic discussion is encouraged. The funny stuff and not so serious stuff can still be present in the appropriate place (General Discussion). I suspect the forum host uses the more annoying advertising ploys and gimmicks. If that is true you will find you have a fast turn-a-round in membership with only a few members sticking around for any length of time. I highly recommend moving to a better host site as soon as possible. Best to do so before it becomes a headache to try and move posts from one forum site to another.

I have one more question: Where are you going to post your freeware reviews? Is this your Freeware Review forum or not?

Edited by oftentired

You asked for a critique (please don't ask me how I got to your page it is a National Secret and I'd have to kill you if I told you):

• I like the clean look of the main page. What I mean is that it does not have a load of useless stuff that just annoys and distracts

• At the top right I would remove FreewareKing's and just have Freeware Review and Computer Help Forum

• HELP - This forum is for Help with the Forums (would be better if it said, "get help with this forum")

• RULES (make this the very first forum instead of General Discussion)

• Forum News (move it either to the top below HELP/General Discussion or use pinned posts on the main page)

• Womens/Mens chat (if you want adults to seriously participate in this forum you need to avoid anything that shows evidence of prejudice or bias (topics such as these also point out the expected age level of participants)

• Tell me what you think? (this is a waste of space the topic should be part of General Discussion)

• Linux (Change the title of the section Windows to Operating System Help and include it in that section)

• Hacking (read your web hosting agreement AND as long as this topic is allowed/encouraged I will NOT become a member nor will I use my valuable time reading about other peoples ego trips (mine is already too big I trip and fall way to often already))

This Agreement (the "Agreement") governs your access and use of ChatArea.com [snipped]

1.  As a condition of your use of this Web site (ChatArea.com) and the interactive services contained therein, you represent and warrant to Wewp! that you will not use this Web site (ChatArea.com) for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. [snipped] you agree that when using one, you will not: a) Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, derogatory, defamatory, infringing, improper, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information. [snipped]

3. Wewp! [snipped] reserves the right at all times to disclose any information deemed by Wewp! necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.

4. You acknowledge that communications to or with bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, societies and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may read your communications without your knowledge. [snipped]

10. Wewp! reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access to this Web site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Web site without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Web site is offered. [snipped]

14. Wewp! reserves the right to delete all member accounts with invalid email address without notice.

15. Wewp! reserves the right to delete all member accounts if they have not been used after 90 days.

16. Wewp! reserves the right to delete all societys if they have not been used after 180 days.

17. You are 13 years of age or older.

• How much spam did you email account begin to receive after signing up?

• Freeware - This is the Forum for post your Freeware.... (post your freeware what??)

• Ask about Freeware - This is the place for Asking About FREEWARE EX. I found out about_________on the Internet Anygood? (have a little trouble with this one? How about... "ask questions here about freeware before you use it")

Summary: A good start. Needs improvement on legal issues. Will have a far better future if immature aspects are avoided and serious topic discussion is encouraged. The funny stuff and not so serious stuff can still be present in the appropriate place (General Discussion). I suspect the forum host uses the more annoying advertising ploys and gimmicks. If that is true you will find you have a fast turn-a-round in membership with only a few members sticking around for any length of time. I highly recommend moving to a better host site as soon as possible. Best to do so before it becomes a headache to try and move posts from one forum site to another.

I have one more question: Where are you going to post your freeware reviews? Is this your Freeware Review forum or not?

WOW THANKS :)

[snipped for brevity and to reduce eye strain]

WOW THANKS :)
Your quite welcome :rolleyes: