Change Mode

finally got the 2gb of ram for my dell 9300:)

today my gskill 2gb came in today ony payed 62$ each from newegg:)

and what a diff it makes from 512mb:)

every game i play is smooth like auto assault plays on 1600x1200 with everything max out smooth.

befor i couldint play it too good on mem with 1280x1024 because it whould lag alot than stop than go.

and now i could alt tab back too windows in a heat beat:)

just tried doom 3 on it and its realy smooth:)

playing with everything on ultra settings and 1600x1200 res min frames is 29 avg is 60 highest is 60 because the game got it locked at 60.

man i was missing all this performence for 4months:(

i even tried fear with 1280x960 and everything on and it drop down in the 20s but still was smooth and playable and with no laging or jerking:)

i even tried auto assault at 1920x1200 this time and it was still smooth:)

just tried doom 3 on it and its realy smooth:)

playing with everything on ultra settings and 1600x1200 res min frames is 29 avg is 60 highest is 60 because the game got it locked at 60.

man i was missing all this performence for 4months:(

i even tried fear with 1280x960 and everything on and it drop down in the 20s but still was smooth and playable and with no laging or jerking:)

i even tried auto assault at 1920x1200 this time and it was still smooth:)

my mx420 can run doom like that 10000x100000. ultra settings. have more ram isnt gonna help make doom3 smooth, your bottleneck is the video card, you need a 7800gt/ higher or sli to run those settings.

the card aint bottlenecking the system because when i had 512 it played on high but not good. sence i got 2gb everygame play fast and smooth now.

doom 3 is smooth now.

that was teh same with my 9800 in my desktop it whould play fine with little stuterings but sence i got 2gb ram in that doom 3 plays smooth on the 9800 even.

so ram does help.

like i said im runing doom 3 at ultra settings 1600x1200 and the lowest it went too is 29 and it was stuff smooth no slow downs. avg frames is mosty allways 60.

and games does depen on ram alot because i looked in task manager and fear was useing 1.45gb.

ony game plays teh slowest is Oblivion but even that plays smoother now:)

and when you say you play doom 3 on your 420 at them settings and res got any proof?

because i to got a 420mx and it was bad even on low.

the card aint bottlenecking the system because when i had 512 it played on high but not good. sence i got 2gb everygame play fast and smooth now.

doom 3 is smooth now.

that was teh same with my 9800 in my desktop it whould play fine with little stuterings but sence i got 2gb ram in that doom 3 plays smooth on the 9800 even.

so ram does help.

like i said im runing doom 3 at ultra settings 1600x1200 and the lowest it went too is 29 and it was stuff smooth no slow downs. avg frames is mosty allways 60.

and games does depen on ram alot because i looked in task manager and fear was useing 1.45gb.

ony game plays teh slowest is Oblivion but even that plays smoother now:)

and when you say you play doom 3 on your 420 at them settings and res got any proof?

because i to got a 420mx and it was bad even on low.

:thud:

well both of you are right,

you need a good amount of RAM to play a game smoothly, and you also need a good video card to see some very good display. Assume you run a game, take fear as an example, you open the game, you have a solid vid card the game will run smooth with no laggs, but at the same time your memory will help smoothen things, and run the game as fast as it can. A good processor also helps, offcourse an o/c will too. I luv my dual-core when playing games as such, combined with my 1gig mushkin ram (not much of a hard-core gammer, I don't play those high games that need lots of memory, and fear was just an basic example).

so I was saying, cobining my processor with my ram, runs the game preety well, just the graphics is scrapy, coz' I still have my old FX5500 256mb lol.

Hope I made some sence, I am just preety banged up lol, my boss is out of city, he owns this motel, and I work for him, so I am here all day and all night long till sunday. I went to sleep at 5.00 a.m. yesterday, bloody darn ppl don't stop coming, wooaah, I got a customer at 4.00 a.m. lol, everytime you make a move on bed, lol, somebody comes lol. I was just so tired, I had 3 rooms left, I just put the freaking no vacancy sign, and off to bed, who cares, I was up again at 7.30 a.m. lol.

Anyways, as I said, hope that makes sense, my english is poor lol. Well not really poor, just don't know how to phrase.

well both of you are right,

you need a good amount of RAM to play a game smoothly, and you also need a good video card to see some very good display. Assume you run a game, take fear as an example, you open the game, you have a solid vid card the game will run smooth with no laggs, but at the same time your memory will help smoothen things, and run the game as fast as it can. A good processor also helps, offcourse an o/c will too. I luv my dual-core when playing games as such, combined with my 1gig mushkin ram (not much of a hard-core gammer, I don't play those high games that need lots of memory, and fear was just an basic example).

so I was saying, cobining my processor with my ram, runs the game preety well, just the graphics is scrapy, coz' I still have my old FX5500 256mb lol.

Hope I made some sence, I am just preety banged up lol, my boss is out of city, he owns this motel, and I work for him, so I am here all day and all night long till sunday. I went to sleep at 5.00 a.m. yesterday, bloody darn ppl don't stop coming, wooaah, I got a customer at 4.00 a.m. lol, everytime you make a move on bed, lol, somebody comes lol. I was just so tired, I had 3 rooms left, I just put the freaking no vacancy sign, and off to bed, who cares, I was up again at 7.30 a.m. lol.

Anyways, as I said, hope that makes sense, my english is poor lol. Well not really poor, just don't know how to phrase.

a 6800nu cant run 1600x1200 max settings. I had one, upgraded and still cant. I can also beat him at any graphic benchmark.

well i could prove it with screen shots if you want me too?

because right now im playing doom 3 at 1600x1200 with everything max and like i said ony goes down too 29fps

and when i tried auto assault i tried 1920x1200 with max settings and ony drop down too 20frames and the game is still pretty smooth.

well i could prove it with screen shots if you want me too?

because right now im playing doom 3 at 1600x1200 with everything max and like i said ony goes down too 29fps

and when i tried auto assault i tried 1920x1200 with max settings and ony drop down too 20frames and the game is still pretty smooth.

we have a different diffention of smooth. 29frames is hell. i prefer it to stay around 50ish or higher.

we have a different diffention of smooth. 29frames is hell. i prefer it to stay around 50ish or higher.

yeah, i considder anything above 40-50 fps smooth... anything under 30 is not smooth.. but that's just my opinion.

congrats on the upgrade anyway! :)

that 9300 dell is sweet!same chasis as the XPS i think.. my co worker just ordered one yesterday, but he couldn't afford the 6800, so he only got the X300.. but with his discounts and coupons, he only paid about 600 for it. his specs are the same as yours, except for the X300

Edited by PowerChucker

i know 40s and 50s and up are alot smoother but if the frames doesint go below 25frames i dont see any stutters or slow downs and still is pretty fast for me.

even some games are locked at 30frames so i say 30frames is pretty fast too me.

but most of the time doom 3 plays at 40s and 60s.

i even installed quake 4 and tried 1600x1200 with ultra settings and everything on and i was suprize it was pretty smooth you could feel little sutters but still was realy playable with no problem.

but the ram was bottle necking the system real bad because every game runs smoother heck even the thing runs better.

what i like about this laptop is later on i could upgrade too teh 7800 or maybee even the 7900 go thats why i went with this laptop.

but so far this 6800 is handleing games just fine:)

edit just check the frames on quake 4 with 1920x1080 and high settings and the lowest it went is 25 and it didint even felt like it and most of the time it was 40s and 60:) the new patch made it so i could use 1920x1080:)

Edited by gordesky1