Change Mode

Yeah... Guitar players have been known to do that. Rock, that is. :mrgreen:

I have photos from all over the world. What state or country would you like? And what type of scenery do you like? Canyons? Mountains? Beaches? Sunsets? Rivers? I've got tons of photos, so it would help me pick one for you if you narrowed it down some...

Yeah... Guitar players have been known to do that. Rock, that is. :mrgreen:

I have photos from all over the world. What state or country would you like? And what type of scenery do you like? Canyons? Mountains? Beaches? Sunsets? Rivers? I've got tons of photos, so it would help me pick one for you if you narrowed it down some...

hmm.....Beach in the USA

P.S. TELL ME WHERE ITS FROM :)

Beach in the USA, huh? Well, in that case, let's start with the best beaches in the USA... California! :mrgreen:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The first one was named "California Sunset", so I don't know where it is specifically. The second one is Dunes Beach, near the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. The third is near Bixby Bridge south of San Francisco. And the fourth is in near Petrolia, in Humboldt County.

If none of those stike your fancy, I have many others from California. And then there are other areas such as Oregon and Washington. But here's something you may want to look at... California Coastal Project. If you see anything you like, copy the address of the page the particular photo you like is on, and post it. I'll take it from there.

Beach in the USA, huh? Well, in that case, let's start with the best beaches in the USA... California! :mrgreen:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The first one was named "California Sunset", so I don't know where it is specifically. The second one is Dunes Beach, near the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. The third is near Bixby Bridge south of San Francisco. And the fourth is in near Petrolia, in Humboldt County.

You took the pic? WOW

I use AutoEye as a plugin for Photoshop...just click AUTOEYE and that is the picture that opens...no other tweaking. I could probably do more tweaks thought that was the best instant tweak I've seen . Can you post those with Paint Shop so I can see the difference?

Personally, I don't think so. But maybe it's just the way Autoeye does it. It makes the images too blocky, and that takes us right back to where we started. A blocky image. :mrgreen:

But I think you made a good choice. I love that photo... I have one of that beach that's a purple and pink sunset, but it's too dark, and lightening it and then making it 100x100 mucks it up. So I went with the brighter one.

x5dr,

I don't know what setting you used, but this is the original, one with a 10% brightness and 10% contrast increase, and your's.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Different images turn out differently though. I personally don't think the one you made for this image looks as good as the other. However, the Dunes Beach one looks better. It's clearer, yet the colors are pretty much the way they are in the original.

But I will check that Autoeye thing out, as I have Photoshop 6 as well. If it's anything like I would expect, it probably has some interesting settings to check out. :mrgreen:

But maybe it's just the way Autoeye does it. It makes the images too blocky

hmmm....that is how the picture opens in AUTOEYE. There are also alot of tweaks that could have been done there also but I was pointing out a "quick" tweak. :P

Here it is with a little AUTOEYE 'noise' removed/AUTOEYE /Original

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by x5dr

that's what I'm saying...all you do is open AUTOEYE and the picture instantly looks like that...no manual tweaking involved if you don't want too.

Sometimes I just don't feel like spending the time. What's nice about AUTOEYE is the instant clarity.

Edited by x5dr

No settings, huh? I wouldn't like that. I'm far too picky for one setting only. :mrgreen:

With PSP, I can add or subtract from normal to +100% or -100%, I can change the color, sharpen, smooth, or blur... Just about anything you could ever want to do.

You can do that with AUTOEYE too...plus all of the tweaks with Photoshop. I have 100's of tweaks I could still do if I wanted...my point on the original post...for an "instant" tweak. ;)

The difference in portraits is amazing.

Edited by x5dr